WHMCS + Control Panels + Registrars

wsd

What should I choose to get something that works 100% with WHMCS?

+ Hosting Control Panels

+ Domain Registrars

So everything WHMCS offers of functions also work with the modules there now chosen, and so there is bidirectional communication between WHMCS and the module.

If there are some who know what modules that works 100%, I would really like to hear about it

It's so WHMCS you mean when you write billing system.

Domain Registrars.

This could indeed be Accounts balance, Expiry Date, ID Protection, Auto Renew …

Hosting Control Panels.

Disk usage, Transfer usage …

So you are sure everything is synced, and there are no buttons / data fields in WHMCS that can expression of that this can we, it works just not right with the selected module.

What should I choose to get something that works 100% with WHMCS?

+ Hosting Control Panels

+ Domain Registrars

There are various modules for this

They are not 100% (nothing in life is)

It is a rather oxymoron that you setup your provider, then install WHMCS, so what you are asking does make sense if you are basing your business around WHMCS

For the full list

Go to this page :

http://docs.whmcs.com/CPanel/WHM

Scroll to the bottom

This has the full list of supported providers (modules)

I am using cPanel / WHM, and as you can see this was the original reason for WHMCS

I have encountered a small number of problems but they are mostly due to configuration changes, updates to cPanel / WHMCS, and occasional lack of communication between databases (different providers)

There are various modules for this

They are not 100% (nothing in life is)

It is a rather oxymoron that you setup your provider, then install WHMCS, so what you are asking does make sense if you are basing your business around WHMCS

Which provider I have set up?

Or put in another way, what modules should I choose, so I should not develop 117 different things, or buy in the various additional “User Contributions” to get it working 100%

Providing you follow the instructions in the module and documentation, then the installation will work as intended

In some cases the instructions are complex and have to be followed in a specific order, many people encounter problems where just one simply step has been overlooked

Even myself encountered an issue with cPanel, but on re-reading the instructions I found the issue

As before, nothing is ever 100%, but with WHMCS you will get fairly close

Mine is probably around 99.98% and others are probably around the same once everything is working correctly

Occasionally things go wrong...

It's knowing what to do and if further action is required

As an example PayPal recently threw up "no transaction", but the issue was PayPal

cPanel and eNom are probably the most widely used providers, those modules are going to be the most complete.

It was just this answer I needed thanks, I will look at the two.

Providing you follow the instructions in the module and documentation, then the installation will work as intended

In some cases the instructions are complex and have to be followed in a specific order, many people encounter problems where just one simply step has been overlooked

Even myself encountered an issue with cPanel, but on re-reading the instructions I found the issue

As before, nothing is ever 100%, but with WHMCS you will get fairly close

Mine is probably around 99.98% and others are probably around the same once everything is working correctly

Occasionally things go wrong...

It's knowing what to do and if further action is required

As an example PayPal recently threw up "no transaction", but the issue was PayPal

I do not talk about errors that can occur, I would just like to know which modules supporting WHMCS functions if WHMCS has X different functions for the Hosting Control Panels, then it would be good if there was a Control Panel which had the same X functions, and so could the Control Panel certainly well have XX functions, there would just be something you could develop, but you were then free to have Y number of functions in the WHMCS you had to remember that not worked.

Edited by wsd

I would just like to know which modules supporting WHMCS functions if WHMCS has X different functions for the Hosting Control Panels, then it would be good if there was a Control Panel which had the same X functions, and so could the Control Panel certainly well have XX functions

Already answered, they do work as intended

See post #6 above

It really depends on whether you are wanting WHMCS to work with a specific Control Panel, or already have the Control Panel and then installing WHMCS at a later stage

I suspect most people have done the latter, already had the Control Panel then added WHMCS at a later stage

So I should not have problems like this

There will always be things which do not work exactly as you expect them to, the only solution would be for you to write it all yourself if you want it exactly to your requirements.

You can either work around, code around or simply live with any shortcomings the systems have.

For us that means using WHMCS for control of the cpanel, helm, hsphere, dnp, wsp, plesk, shoutcast etc control panels, and our own modules for the othelloreg/othellonames domain registrars - not "100%", but damn close :)

I've ruled out cPanel because it is too expensive. Which of the free or low-cost hosting control panels would be a good choice to use with WHMCS? I've looked at ISPConfig 3 and DirectAdmin as possible choices so far. I prefer free, open source control panels for dedicated servers that I manage for free (for not-for-profit organizations).