Newbie ? w/ 1st test transaction

Hello guys, I just finally got everything setup w/ 1 of my clients. I also created myself as a client and add my CC, add a invoice for .50 cent, setup my paypal account, marked the invoice for paypal and setup my cron job. this morning I expected to see the .50 cent transactions paid but it still says unpaid. I also set it up for recurring billing

Client profile

first payment .50

recurring payment .50

next due 3/31/12

billing cycle monthly

payment method paypal

Payment gateway

paypal

paypal email is my own and I confirmed by logging into paypal with the same email.

modify subscription is checked

everything else is blank

Invoice

This is a billing notice that your invoice no. 124 which was generated on 31/03/2012 is now overdue.

Your payment method is: PayPal

Invoice: 124

Balance Due: $0.50 USD

Due Date: 30/03/2012

The automated invoice generation has no way to create paypal subscriptions. You have to actually go into the invoice and create the subscription. After that, subsequent invoices will be automatically paid with the subscription you created.

so you set up a test account and set up paypal as the payment gateway.

If the account is set up using the same email address you use for paypal then you are asking paypal to take the payment from the same account it is going to pay to funds into. if this is the case then paypal will not do this

The automated invoice generation has no way to create paypal subscriptions. You have to actually go into the invoice and create the subscription. After that, subsequent invoices will be automatically paid with the subscription you created.

Thank you laszlof I was able to get everything setup as you described

so you set up a test account and set up paypal as the payment gateway.

If the account is set up using the same email address you use for paypal then you are asking paypal to take the payment from the same account it is going to pay to funds into. if this is the case then paypal will not do this

easyhosting. thanks for your reply. my test account is not using the same email as my paypal. but I am getting an error though

"The link you have used to enter the PayPal is invalid. Please review the link and try again."

my test account is using clientname@rcn.com and my whmc paypal email is paypal@mysite.com

so when I log into the client account, click on invoice, click view invoice-click paypal subscribe it prompts for the user/pw for the client to log into. so I login w/ the clientname@rcn.com and that's when I get the The link you have used to enter the PayPal system is invalid. Please review the link and try again.

I did a search on here but I couldn't find anyone w/ this question