Game Server Provider

Harrison

Hello all,

Does anyone use WHMCS to manage their Game Server Provider? I'm currently using it but finding it slightly difficult (as WHMCS was made to manage website hosting).

If anyone has any hints or tips, or how they have their version of WHMCS set out for this kind of thing please feel freee to give me a shout.

Thank you!

Hey,

I'm opeing up a game host with in the next few months but I'm not going to use WHMCS as it's not for games. The control I'm working on will have the stop/start/restart option as well as filemanger, support tickets billing you name it... But the main reason I'm not using WHMCS for that is that it can't stop/start/restart a running program...

As for you, just make sure when somthing needs to be rebooted (a running program) that you have a script. WHMCS will do the rest...

From,

Adam

I mean for billing sorry.

However, I do believe Matts been exchanging emails with TCAdmin thanks to yours trully. :D

If TCAdmin gets that that add-on for WHMCS that would be awsome.

For billing it will work, just that two logins. One for billing and then one for your account. Thats if TCAdmin goes't get the add-on.

However I think it won't! From what I read TCAdmin needs to be run on a Windows Server (any windows server, needs that ASP.NET) and not sure if WHMCS can run on a Windows server...

From,

Adam

M*****b** has a TC Admin plugin so no reason why WHMCS cannot :D

True, but I'm not sure WHMCS can be on a Windows box like the above script. The only thing I can think of is that a their is a public MySQL database like mysql.domain.com which both scripts login to one another or what not...

Any word from Matt and his team?

From,

Adam

• WHMCS CEO

Currently things are looking good for this integration to go ahead. It appears that WHMCS would not be required to be running on a windows server in order for the integration to work - the WHMCS system could be on a standard cPanel server and send the commands to the server running TCAdmin. So it's definately being considered - but not until after the release of V2.5 which is taking up all of my time right now.

Regards,

Matt

Hey there,

I was just wondering if it would be possilble to integrate the WHM addon CPGS?

It would be a really make things easier for WHM/cPanel server administrators to

get the games setup. Although I can see where setting game ports & ip's may be

somewhat of a challenge.. justa thought.

Cheers.. ;)

Ekkk.

You should NEVER run a game server on the same server as apache. There just isn't any point. Game Servers require so much resources. They're completly different to website hosting, so they shouldn't go on the same box.

Not really, I mean if you got an Dual Xeon 3.4 + another one of that you should be fine, like me. How ever since I'm a Linux host and most of my games are for Windows then I need to run it on a differenet server, but seeing what is your specs on the server you can.

From,

Adam