contact with no mail = mail not sent to client

mtk

Hey,

when a contact has no email address, but it is set to receive email notification, emails cannot be sent to client.

how to reproduce:

1. add/have a client with all details as you would normally have.
  2. add a contact. set his name, phone, address but *not* his email.
    set that contact to receive Invoice Email Notification
    save
  3. create an order, and tick to generate and send invoice.
    create order -> invoice will be created, but it will not be emailed to the client (and obviously not to the contact either).
  4. another option here would be to manually send some invoice, and you'll get an error saying "invalid email". which is correct for the contact, but the client would not get the email either!

V5.0.3

Just confirmed this myself. If you have an extra contact without an email address, the failure to send to a single contact causes the entire process to halt and no emails get delivered.

While I think that email address should probably be a required field, this is certainly a bug in the handling of it.

the failure to send to a single contact causes the entire process to halt and no emails get delivered.

Yep, it's a bug - someone should report it to WHMCS ;)

I don't however agree that an email-address should be mandatory on additional contacts - contacts are used for a lot of things beyond the obvious

Yep, it's a bug - someone should report it to WHMCS ;)

isn't it the purpose of this forum?

I don't however agree that an email-address should be mandatory on additional contacts - contacts are used for a lot of things beyond the obvious

I don't agree either. contact may have only address or phones to be contacted.