Promotion code from admin side

mtk

Hey,

when setting a promotion code from the admin side (to a suitable package), not only the invoice does not get the discount, the promotion code is not set in the product/package (i.e for recurring discount).

V5.0.3

Edited by mtk

Do you have the promotion set to only allow new clients.. and you are doing this with a existing client?

actually I have all 4 of these ticked:

• Apply Once - Apply only once per order (even if multiple items qualify)
  • New Signups - Apply to new signups only (must have no previous active orders)
  • Apply Once / Client - Apply only once per client globally (ie. only one order allowed per promo)
  • Existing Client - Apply to existing clients only (must have an active order to qualify)

but after all, it's impossible to create an order, from the admin side, to a new client.

the client must exist anyway before creating the order.

even if you are correct, an error should be displayed, since admin might easily miss this.

You would need to remove the restrictions, there is no admin override.

You dont need all of them ticked since alot of them overlap in certain ways.

well, then this is a bug on it's own if they overlap, but that's another discussion.

so how do I allow both:

1. new clients to be able to use that promotion.
  2. me (admin) be able to set it to existing/renewing/etc.

?

These 2 are mutually exclusive ...

New Signups - Apply to new signups only (must have no previous active orders)

Existing Client - Apply to existing clients only (must have an active order to qualify)

Setting both means no-one can use the promotion :P

For admin-entered-orders, put the discounted amount in and apply the code to the product afterwards for tracking/reporting reasons

These 2 are mutually exclusive ...

New Signups - Apply to new signups only (must have no previous active orders)

Existing Client - Apply to existing clients only (must have an active order to qualify)

Setting both means no-one can use the promotion :P

well, assuming you are correct, and those 2 are mutually exclusive then:

1. it should be very well documented (!!!)
    who is a new client? the one recently registered (one day ago, three days, a week, a month) or simply the one with no prior services (aka the first order)?
    after all, when a client gets to the order page, he is already existing isn't it?
  2. it should be prevented from the average admin to set those 2 together (he should not guess).
  3. we are still missing a basic functionality of:
    • having a promotion for both new and existing clients without having to create multiple promotions.
    • have a promotion that can be used by an admin in the same way it can be used by a client from the front-end (i.e, a client calls in and want the admin to create the order for him, no, without 'login as client').

For admin-entered-orders, put the discounted amount in and apply the code to the product afterwards for tracking/reporting reasons

this spoils the fun of having promotions :)

(and it's not very efficient)

the way I see it, there is at least one bug here that should be answered by WHMCS team.

I think its pretty obvious that an option that says "new clients" and one that says "existing clients" are mutually exclusive without being "very well documented"

If you want a promotion for both new and existing clients, do not check either option.

This is no bug.

[*]it should be very well documented (!!!)

who is a new client?

It *explicitly* tells you on the screen the circumstances/logic used - if you cant read that, then adding it to other documents you wont read wont help :P

[*]we are still missing a basic functionality of:

[*]having a promotion for both new and existing clients without having to create multiple promotions.

Then dont set either of the options - the options are to _restrict_ the code's use - not setting any restrictions makes it "open" to all

I understand and agree.

I still suggest:

1. the the form will not allow an admin to select them both (implement the mutual exclution logic).
  2. write a small comment saying: "you cannot use them both together, if you want new+old don't set anything.