Bulk Priceing Updater bug

Hi,

For eg. I regd a domain for a client at $8.88 last year. So WHMCS will set the

First Payment Amount as $8.88 and

Recurring Amount as $8.88 also.

Now the renewal is here and invoice is generated say before 15 days or so and naturally WHMCS will generate invoice of $8.88.

But prices of domain has increased and now the domain costs $9.99. So I use Bulk Pricing Updater to change price to $9.99 and it gets changed. But the invoice for the same is already generated and its charging $8.88 instead of $9.99.

Please make it so that Bulk Pricing Updater changes the price in Unpaid invoices also. I just noticed that invoices were generated and I was going in loss.

I do not like how the WHMCS handles this. There should be no Recurring Amount field. It should pick the price from the Domains /Product Pricing when generating invoices.

This is very lossy, i feel i have to stop using WHMCS. :(

Thats not ethical to change someones price just because you did not factor in cost.

If your internet provider sent you a bill that was 20$ more next month an said "sorry deal with it" would you be upset?

The sole purpose of updating any pricing and not effecting current billing is to not completely piss off your customers.

Stop using WHMCS then..

Selling a domain, even last year, at 8.88 is a total loss. Lets say you get a comnetorg for 8.50 and you are using PayPal to receive the money. The fee would be roughly 60 cents.

Your now at $9.10 cents to break even so your loosing 22 cents per domain?

Even if you were getting a lower comnetorg price you have no wiggle room for a break even as a reseller. Thus its irresponsible not to stay completely on top of fee changes and planning what you are charging.

I am not even sure at what price you sell a domain and I don't even want to know. I am working in a very competetive market and I need that facility. Its as simple as that. I was selling domain for $7.99 3 years back and you mean to say that I should keep on selling at that price even when registry is increasing prices every year. Are you even in the market and watching what is happening ? I don't know how many domains you sell in a year but i sell enough and i keep nominal margin and pass the benefits to customer, but when there's an official price increase then customers have to comply.

I don't you are getting petrol etc. still at 10 year old price. You pay current value don't you ?? where are you living ? My customers are happy with that. I am happy with that. They get benefit of lower price when they regisrter a domain in compare to other providers. When they renew next year they are again in benefit when comparing to other providers. You must be charging $10 or 12 i don't care. I work on cut throat margin and I am happy with the margin i get.

BTW I also charge the fee which paypal etc. charges me for transactions.

Thanks.

Please make it so that Bulk Pricing Updater changes the price in Unpaid invoices also. I just noticed that invoices were generated and I was going in loss.

Please DON'T. You should never change existing invoices.

I do not like how the WHMCS handles this. There should be no Recurring Amount field. It should pick the price from the Domains /Product Pricing when generating invoices.

No it shouldn't. That way, you have no flexibility to change different prices to different people. Everyone would be on that fixed price.

Please make it so that Bulk Pricing Updater changes the price in Unpaid invoices also

In most countries updatuing/altering an invoice would be illegal.

*If* it's allowed where you are, you can just do it manually.

I just noticed that invoices were generated and I was going in loss.

Next time, change your prices when notified by your supplier :P

You must be charging $10 or 12 i don't care. I work on cut throat margin and I am happy with the margin i get.

10$ is not abnormal. In fact 10$ is very normal. Godaddy right now is 12$ and 9.99 with their current special. Name.com is 10.99. NameCheap 10.89, Moniker 10.59

Not sure what world you are living in but you do not have to sacrifice a 0 or negative margin just to sell domains.

Yes I get my domains at a price lower than you and I sell at 10 and have never had any complaints. I am also not complaining.

BTW I also charge the fee which paypal etc. charges me for transactions.

In most cases thats not considered ethical, or possibly legal depending on where you are.

Your overall markup should be based on your overall cost but not specifically the fee your processor charges.