fonts.googleapis.com

tusker

Hello,

I've removed

@import url("https://fonts.googleapis.com/css?family=Ubuntu:500,700"); 

from /templates/default/css/whmcs.css because it terribly slowed down the loading times of the site.

Will I now burn in hell? ;) IOW, do I have to expect any unwanted side effects because of this?

Thank you!

Hi wsd,

I simply deleted the line from the CSS.

I wonder what's the idea behind this. The ubuntu font looks no different than the default sans-serif. The only thing is that there is no work flow anymore, because you can have a cup a of coffee now until any side loads.

As mentioned by others you'll need to update the font for some styles (the headings h1, h2, h3, h4, h5, h6). Once that's done you won't see any problems with doing so but the benefit faster page load.

Although I use a Google font I will admit that the slight delay while the font loads is a bit annoying. You can speed it up slightly more if you save the font and CSS locally rather than loading from Google (assuming the visitor's browser hasn't cached the font previously).

As mentioned by others you'll need to update the font for some styles (the headings h1, h2, h3, h4, h5, h6). Once that's done you won't see any problems with doing so but the benefit faster page load.

Although I use a Google font I will admit that the slight delay while the font loads is a bit annoying. You can speed it up slightly more if you save the font and CSS locally rather than loading from Google (assuming the visitor's browser hasn't cached the font previously).

I would have to totally agree with you here. Most people tend to forget the can you host the font locally instead of looking up and resolving another domain to call the font.

I would have to totally agree with you here. Most people tend to forget the can you host the font locally instead of looking up and resolving another domain to call the font.

meh, every request has to resolve one way or another, whether its your server or googles. The only difference will come into play with caching. Obvious the DNS cache will come into play, but thats typically not a substancial increase in speed. The majority of the delay is going to be from serving the actual content. Users are far more likely to have the google font cached rather than your own site.