Set up free account for pre paid customer

mtnbiz

Hi all. New here and of course, I have a question:

I set up an account for a client today who paid for a year's worth of hosting in advance (doesn't like credit cards.) I got my cron job report and found that his account had been late, suspended and terminated all within a day!

How can I manually set up an account when I get paid by check (without adding "pay by check" to the options) that won't get dumped. I still don't know why it got terminated.

Any help would be appreciated.

Shaun

In >Automation settings > Billing Settings do you by chance have these fields populated to where when your cron runs it wont send out invoice,reminder,late,suspend,terminate?

If you created the account from the admin side did you mark it as paid?

Also not just marking as paid but make sure that the next due date is set in the future

ie. if you set an account up manually today 03/03/2012 and make invoice and mark it paid, but the next due date is still showing 03/03/2012 then when the cron runs it will invoice and may even suspend/terminate the account as according to the system the acount is overdue, so you would need to make sure the next due date is set to 03/03/2013

Thank you very much for your help.

automatic suspension is ticked.

7 suspend days. (Then why did it suspend and terminate on the same day?)

I just un-ticked automatic termination

And termination was set at 60 days

Payment reminder emails is ticked. Should it not be?

I set it up as "free." Why do we need to pay it?

I went to the client profile => invoice => options and marked it "paid" and changed the date to 1/1/2013. I hope that will take care of it.

Is there a way to set up a reminder for me to remember to bill them again before the due date?

I set it up as "free." Why do we need to pay it?

If it was free it will have paid the invoice automatically

I went to the client profile => invoice => options and marked it "paid" and changed the date to 1/1/2013

a. you dont (generally) want to be fiddling with the dates - which one did you change ?

b. you dont mark invoices as "paid", you apply a payment to them

what's the difference ? one just changes the status to "paid" the other runs all of the associated processing tied to payment - like unsuspendinga nd account, changing the next due date, sending out confirmation emails etc

Is there a way to set up a reminder for me to remember to bill them again before the due date?

yes - on the menu, utilities, to-do

or just put the right payment gateway on the product, and set the right nextdue dates on the product, and let WHMCS do what it's best at - sending invoices :)

Thank you for your response.

If it was free it will have paid the invoice automatically

That's what I thought too. I must not have set it up correctly because it sent them a payment due invoice, suspended it and terminated it all in one day.

a. you dont (generally) want to be fiddling with the dates - which one did you change ?

Changed the due date.

b. you dont mark invoices as "paid", you apply a payment to them

OK. How?

or just put the right payment gateway on the product, and set the right nextdue dates on the product, and let WHMCS do what it's best at - sending invoices :)

I would, but I don't want to use the "send a check" option. (Except in this case.)

Can I set up the "pay by check" option and just make it available/visible when I need it?

For future reference ... to add to your procedures manual ...

If a client pays you _before_ having the service / order:

* add the client to whmcs

- click "clients, add new" and send them a welcome email

* add the transaction to whmcs

- find the client and click "transactions, add new" and input the payment, no invoice number, take the "add to credit option", select the correct gateway

* check the credit applied (optional)

- find the client - they'll show as having a credit - you can view details in "Manage credits"

* put in the order

- click "Orders, add new"

order will do the usual processing, create and send invoice, which will automagically be paid

To have a GW usable, but not selected by the client, enable it in setup/payments, then diable it on all your product groups in setup/products

To apply a payment (to an existing invoice) when viewing the invoice, click "add payment" or if they have credit click "add credit" ;)