[NOT A BUG] Mac / Firefox Issue with Admin Home and RessellerClub

I just upgraded to the latest 5.03 version and everything works except 2 things that now seem broken that were working fine previously.

1. The home/Index page has tons of gibberish that points to something in regards to this being from my Mac I'm assuming but can't find a way to fix it. It repeats the following code all over the top and inside the reporting parts on the page:

��Mac OS X  2��ATTRP��.�.com.apple.quarantine0001;4f4f9496;Firefox.app;|org.mozilla.firefoxThis resource fork intentionally left blank

2. RessellerClub module is giving me this error, and I have verified the IPs are correct and have been what I have used for over a year now:

Registrar Error
CURL Error: 7 - couldn't connect to host (IP: xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx & xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx)

Any ideas? Everything works other than home page and the Registrar from what I have tested thus far.

I had it the same as it was previously, and just reverted to the previous saved install and I have the same curl error, but the problem 1 went away. The only customization I had was the templates for customers view, and I changed the main directory to billing from whmcs.

Error was just the words above repeated all over the page.. and it was on the top, and inside the report areas as well on the page.

Edited by basstrail

��Mac OS X  2��ATTRP��.�.com.apple.quarantine0001;4f4f9496;Firefox.app;|org.mozilla.firefoxThis resource fork intentionally left blank

2. RessellerClub module is giving me this error, and I have verified the IPs are correct and have been what I have used for over a year now:

Registrar Error
CURL Error: 7 - couldn't connect to host (IP: xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx & xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx)

Point 1 is in relation to the hash key within your configuration.php file

point 2 means there's an issue with the allowed IPs in your ResellerClub account - please refer to http://docs.whmcs.com/ResellerClub#CURL_Error:_7_-_couldn.27t_connect_to_host

Point 1 is in relation to the hash key within your configuration.php file

An incorrect hash key would not effect the display of the templates, only password and other fields that are encrypted. This looks more like some type of corrupt upload. I would try to reupload all the files for WHMCS.

• WHMCS CEO

#1 I suspect would be a file your Mac FTP software has added to the /includes/hooks/ folder. Delete any non .php files from that directory.

For #2, that's just ResellerClub blocking the API connection and there's really no other possible causes for that other than an incorrect IP being allowed: http://docs.whmcs.com/ResellerClub_Reseller_Accounts_FAQ#I.27m_getting_a_Curl_Error_7_when_trying_to_use_ResellerClub

Matt

DOh! I figured that but couldn't find any files.. I'll go through them again and see what I can find! But im going back to the new version.. I liked it better, the menus were more usable... and I'm curious on everything else that I haven't been able to use yet!!!!

My hosting company brought up the IP address issue.. I think thats all set now.. I wish they wold of noticed that problem before I degraded the entire thing! Oh well.. water/bridge.. now to move on and fix the rest the droppings!

Thanks guys!

The files are usually called .DS_Store, which would be "hidden" on a linux system. If you run the following command from shell it should get rid of them:

change directory to the directory containing WHMCS, and run:

find . -name .DS_Store -exec rm -rf {} \;