First iPhone App (for Your Clients) with Push Notifications

unless you need to fiddle around with the page on a daily basis, then the data cost wont really matter, as i think 999$ will give you a hell of a lot of data before it pays out ;)

plus nothing stop you from simply making a more simple mobile friendly theme for whmcs and have it jump to that, when browsed from a mobile.

Plus, you can build an application cache for a html5 app, that will cache all of the html, javascript, css, and images. The only things it will need to pull from the network are WHMCS related stuff, which I'm sure your addon also does.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

unless you need to fiddle around with the page on a daily basis, then the data cost wont really matter, as i think 999$ will give you a hell of a lot of data before it pays out ;)

plus nothing stop you from simply making a more simple mobile friendly theme for whmcs and have it jump to that, when browsed from a mobile.

its a nice App, but i think you see more $$ signs in this, then there really is.

an app in that price range, should provide something uniqe, that you cant get any other way.

for such a high amount, most users would just browse on the mobile or even remote connect to their home PC over the mobile.

We live in 2012 now ;) a mobile is a small computer.

but best of luck with it :)

There's a unique feature which will be included with this app i.e Push Notification. Your client will get a push message delivered on their device via APNS whenever there's a reply added to a ticket, a new order is placed, invoice gets overdue, invoice gets paid, etc.

Plus, we still have $300 pre-order discount which makes the app price $699. :)

There's a unique feature which will be included with this app i.e Push Notification. Your client will get a push message delivered on their device via APNS whenever there's a reply added to a ticket, a new order is placed, invoice gets overdue, invoice gets paid, etc.

Plus, we still have $300 pre-order discount which makes the app price $699. :)

For what its worth, you could do this with an html5 app using Prowl as well.

For what its worth, you could do this with an html5 app using Prowl as well.

I don't think it's easy, because you will have to assign UDID of each customer's device with their account where the app we will develop will have this process done automatically for you. :)

I don't think it's easy, because you will have to assign UDID of each customer's device with their account where the app we will develop will have this process done automatically for you. :)

Sure, push notifications are only available for native apps. To use prowl, you'd need each device to get their own prowl account, and they'd have to enter their keys into an interface in the app to receive the notifications. But its possible :)

Sure, push notifications are only available for native apps. To use prowl, you'd need each device to get their own prowl account, and they'd have to enter their keys into an interface in the app to receive the notifications. But its possible :)

Sure, it is possible but I don't think you'd like your clients to bother to give them a feature. :)

It's your decision to choose between: easy for your pocket or easy for your clients. ;)

• 2 weeks later...

I think an iPhone app is a great idea, especially a branded one, but for the sort of money you're talking I'd expect it to be all inclusive (ie not another $250 to get order processing). There are also cPanel apps out there, getting that functionality built in would be superb even if it were pretty basic.

Also, given Paypal have an iPhone app, surely it should be possible to allow clients to pay using Paypal for orders? Just trying to think of ways this could be made a very useful tool for smaller hosts to differentiate.

• 3 weeks later...
I think an iPhone app is a great idea, especially a branded one, but for the sort of money you're talking I'd expect it to be all inclusive (ie not another $250 to get order processing). There are also cPanel apps out there, getting that functionality built in would be superb even if it were pretty basic.

Also, given Paypal have an iPhone app, surely it should be possible to allow clients to pay using Paypal for orders? Just trying to think of ways this could be made a very useful tool for smaller hosts to differentiate.

Sure, we're working on the ways to integrate the app with PayPal without switching to another app. (I think most people would hate app switching.)

• 6 months later...

Hi there, thanks for the update. So have you demo anywhere to try the look and feel, some screenshots maybe. Any users care to share their experience of the app. Is it working well. Do you have any samples in the appstore I can download and try out. Looking forward to hearing more and if there are any existing customers using your service. Cheers

PM sent. Are there any current customers of yours that can comment on how it has been going. Obviously this is pretty new and a first for WHMCS so I dont expect it to b perfect but it would be nice to hear some client testimonials on this. The reason I say this is because such an app, means we (the customers) of yours would be at your mercy in terms of support, and upgrades and so on to the app and we need the confidence to see that this product will be around next year and the year after so you have good traction and doing well with it now is key - I do not mind the price so much for once its a super product with timely and good support. Look forward to a demo.

I forgot to mentioned that the service also covers 4-inch Ratina Devices (iPhone 5 and iPod Touch 5th Generation). (Absolutely no extra cost for that.)

The demo app already has the 4-inch Ratina Device support, so send me a PM if you want to test the app on your new device. ;)

Thanks for the update, I have sent you all my details yesterday and I will test on my iphone 4. Look forward to it and if there are any others using it out there please let us know how its been going.

Expect an invitation in next 12 - 24 hours, we're making some changes. :)

Hi aniruddh, thank you for sending on the demo information. I am currently testing the app. I must say on first impressions it is impression on well done on your progress so far, I think maybe your website and current supporting information is lacking a little in terms of selling this to more but I am sure you are looking at this. I will test for the next few days and give my feedback, thanks once more for your time so far.

• 2 weeks later...

well honestly most users have their email setup on their phone, so they would get a email notice when they got a reply, overdue or any other mail from WHMCS :)

I don't disagree that a APP would be nice, its a nice shortcut into their client area, they have the options they need and push ability as you say. But i simply don't see it as anything unique that would push it to that price range, even at 699$.

I guess for much larger companies, where 699$ is pocket change, its a great bonus for the clients. But for a smaller company 699$ just to save the customer from checking his email and using a browser, is just to much.

Also because it's limited to Iphones, now that the iphones are not dominating the market any more, it would only serve a small part of my clients, in my case.

on a Monthly basis i have about 20 views from iOS and i have around 400 views done from Android's. :)

You could f.ex offer a version for 60-80$ and simply say no support and no updates, making new updates cost a few $ as well and then still offer the larger versions, with all the free updates and support and such.

WHMCS has a lot of users, so i bet you would earn more money with a lot of small 60$ packages, rather then a few of your current packages. just saying ;)

... But i simply don't see it as anything unique that would push it to that price range, even at 699$.

We have revised the app pricing, please check the new prices here.

I guess for much larger companies, where 699$ is pocket change, its a great bonus for the clients. But for a smaller company 699$ just to save the customer from checking his email and using a browser, is just to much.

Well, the app does more than saving customer from checking email. It provides almost all facilities that the web based front-end does. :)

• 4 months later...

BEWARE: This company do NOT have a product to ship.

I ordered both the ipad and iphone full package back on the 15th February. To date I have no app for either iphone or ipad. The promise was I would have it in 30 days. They kept saying 'it's coming' and now more than 2 months on I have received absolutely nothing. I issued a chargeback for the 50% they were paid up-front and guess what, paypal found in their favour. As soon as they (paypal) did this, the company went quiet.

I am disgusted with paypal and how many times they have upheld chargebacks against me when customers paid to register domains etc and then paypal refunded them, leaving me out of pocket. Now, when I have a genuine grievance they find in favour of a company who have just taken my money and provided nothing in return.

The issue is now in appeal with paypal - but I'm posting this to ensure no other WHMCS user is duped and caught out like I have been. Sickened - as I've never had this type of treatment from anyone in this community in almost 8 years of using WHMCS. BE WARNED!!!

BEWARE: This company do NOT have a product to ship.

I ordered both the ipad and iphone full package back on the 15th February. To date I have no app for either iphone or ipad. The promise was I would have it in 30 days. They kept saying 'it's coming' and now more than 2 months on I have received absolutely nothing. I issued a chargeback for the 50% they were paid up-front and guess what, paypal found in their favour. As soon as they (paypal) did this, the company went quiet.

I am disgusted with paypal and how many times they have upheld chargebacks against me when customers paid to register domains etc and then paypal refunded them, leaving me out of pocket. Now, when I have a genuine grievance they find in favour of a company who have just taken my money and provided nothing in return.

The issue is now in appeal with paypal - but I'm posting this to ensure no other WHMCS user is duped and caught out like I have been. Sickened - as I've never had this type of treatment from anyone in this community in almost 8 years of using WHMCS. BE WARNED!!!

Hello Simon,

I'm really surprised that you posted here like this. We haven't received the required details until 5th March.

And I really find it shocking that even when I was in direct contact with you, you're saying "the company went quiet". There was no case when you sent an email and we never replied.

I agree that we got late in the development work but believe me, when this happens, we always do something extra for the client to impress them and regain their trust. :)