addon module

Hi

Is it at all possible to write an addon module or something to add certain fields to the shopping cart pages during the ordering process without having to add code manually to the viewcart.tpl or whichever files.

For example if someone installs the addon module it must add the fields to the checkout page.

The module must be able to show these fields during the checkout process no matter which orderform template I'm using or whether I'm using a custom WHMCS template.

Is this possible, if not, can you suggest something else that might even work better?

What I want to do...

I want a debit order script written so that when a client adds his banking details during the order/checkout process and click on Complete Order his banking details must automatically be authenticated through the API of the processing company before the order completes. If one of the fields details are invalid it should return you back to the checkout page and inform you about the invalid details.

The rest of the details for this module can be discussed.

The module must be compatible with WHMCS version 4.x.x and up.

The module should preferably be encrypted.

The module should be WHMCS version independent so it would not be lost or need updating when upgrading.

What would the cost roughly be of a project like this?

I can supply the API documentation.

Let me know what you think or throw your ideas at me, I'm open for new ideas.

Regards