[NOT A BUG] Add funds doesn't work...

tsiedsma

I have an issue where a customer registered for an account and then I transferred a hosting product to their account. Now when they try and add funds they get this error:

You must have at least one active order before you can add funds so you cannot proceed at the current time!

This is expected behavior if the option is checked to require active orders before a customer can add funds, but I would expect them to add funds if they have an active Service since the order doesn't move to an account when the associated hosting plan or domain is moved.

If this wasn't fixed in 5.0.3, can you put it on your list please? Active Services dictate that a customer has a need to have funds in their account. An active Order just means they have paid for something in the past. I don't care if it is a one / other / both option but It should be an option.

• WHMCS CEO

Products can auto activate on payment so using active services to determine if a user is allowed to add funds would not help protect against fraudulent misuse of the add funds system. On the other hand using orders which is what it does, means an admin must have manually reviewed, and accepted the order, and thus the user has been fraud checked and confirmed by a member of staff to ensure everything is ok.

Matt

Products can auto activate on payment so using active services to determine if a user is allowed to add funds would not help protect against fraudulent misuse of the add funds system. On the other hand using orders which is what it does, means an admin must have manually reviewed, and accepted the order, and thus the user has been fraud checked and confirmed by a member of staff to ensure everything is ok.

Matt

So then how do you handle an issue like mine where the customer will never have an order since the product was moved from another customer?

So then how do you handle an issue like mine where the customer will never have an order since the product was moved from another customer?

*incredibly easily* ...

You add an *order* for something - we have a specific "product" which has no cost, auto-activates, and the .tpl's hide so they dont see it, which fulfills the requirement, and a cron job to cancel it once they've ordered something else

As with most things WHMCS its just a case of thinking about the problem rather than dwelling on it ;)