Jump to content

weird issue with configgeneral.php


Recommended Posts

This is a fresh 5.0.3 full install

I have wiped the files and the database and started over


any time I try to make a change in configgeneral.php I get the following error




You don't have permission to access /path-changed/admin/configgeneral.php on this server.


Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.


The file and folder permissions are all correct, the database is not an issue, all other settings seem to work fine, its just the general config settings,


has anyone else had these issues,


I have a ticket in but am doubling my odds that the technical people here will know

Edited by merlinpa1969
change server path
Link to comment
Share on other sites

You're likely falling foul of a mod_security rule. Try and disable it for a minute with .htaccess and you can confirm that one way or the other before spending time tracking down the offending rule. This should do it:


<IfModule mod_security.c>

SecFilterEngine Off

SecFilterScanPOST Off


Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 11 months later...

I didn't realize that this thread is from 11 months ago! I'm glad that I didn't move my v4 version to v5 on my primary site. This evidently involves troubleshooting and I'm wondering what anyone here has discovered as a potential fixes and whether disabling rules (which I haven't done with much of any frequency) might have other unintended effects. Doing a little reading indicates there isn't an easy way. Wondering if I'm better off just keeping everything on V4 and using a more basic helpdesk and billing for some of the other sites.

Edited by slinky
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Frustrating. So I ended up disabling mod_security in httpd.conf and today I'm back again having the same problems.


I edited httpd.conf by removing the comment # character and changing the entry so it looks like this, capital letters included:


Include "/usr/local/apache/conf/userdata/std/2/ACCCOUNTNAME/MYDOMAIN.COM/*.conf"


And then I made a directory for the domain and echoed SecRuleEngine off to shut it off and modsec.conf was placed within that new account directory that was created, rebooted Apache and it worked. Today, I'm stuck again with WHMCS being halted due to a 403 error.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Time to call it it quits. One rule or the other reverts to being on and now I've got 500 errors appearing suddenly taking the entire site down. Too much troubleshooting. Disappointing but grateful I didn't upgrade the main site until I saw this. I'm not sure how some of you handled this without disabling a good part of the security.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use & Guidelines and understand your posts will initially be pre-moderated