Automatic CC Payments - Help?

CavalloComm

Is it possible to restrict automatic CC processing only to recurring items?

I just added billable hours for a client, and then generated an invoice with the selected items, and since he had a card on file, it sent them an email saying their card would automatically be charged on 12/30/2011 (today).

While I need to leave their auto in there for recurring, for general billing of time/material - I would like them to have the option to go in and decide if they agree with it, etc.

Note to the above - while it told them that - I did not see where it processed anything, but did send them that email.

I got a little farther, where I added an offline gateway to tag invoices I place for the customers to be able to select it and named it Manual Bill Entry, this way they can go in an pick how they want to pay.

The only problem I see is - when adding BILLABLE ITEMS, and HOURS - when you Generate an invoice from that, it defaults to their chosen payment menthod and blasts them an invoice. Is there a way to select a payment method in that screen?