email piped, but can't see tickets

xiaolin

I have 10 departments and 10 staffs. Every staff has their own department

I’m having problem from only one specific account abc@mydomain.com with the department “ABC"

and the problem also affects all new accounts and departments if i create them

The problem is…

When email send to the department address, I can see email in inbox from Webmail, then WHCMS cron job runs, email disappeared from the inbox, but ticket couldn’t be created. Nothing from ticket import log too..very strange

The 9 existing accounts still work fine..they can pipe email into tickets correctly

Submitted ticket but seems support couldn't help to solve

Can someone help me please

Thanks

I have 10 departments and 10 staffs. Every staff has their own department

I’m having problem from only one specific account abc@mydomain.com with the department “ABC"

and the problem also affects all new accounts and departments if i create them

The problem is…

When email send to the department address, I can see email in inbox from Webmail, then WHCMS cron job runs, email disappeared from the inbox, but ticket couldn’t be created. Nothing from ticket import log too..very strange

The 9 existing accounts still work fine..they can pipe email into tickets correctly

Submitted ticket but seems support couldn't help to solve

Can someone help me please

Thanks

I am confused. I thought this Topic was for things NOT related to WHMCS?

I am confused. I thought this Topic was for things NOT related to WHMCS?

why do you say that?

it's a WHMCS issue and now i still can't get things fixed. The support is very slow and i raised a ticket from Thursday then until now they can't answer me what exactly the problem is...

Please anyone from the support can answer?

I'm confused, are you piping or using POP? If you're piping, there shouldn't be anything in the inbox of the account. Hell, there shouldn't even be an inbox as a pipe is just a forwarder.

If you're using the pop retrieval via cron, I'd suggest checking your cron logs, as well as the logs in WHMCS to see if anything is out of place.

yes, i'm using cronjob piping. i think the cron work fine because i see email in inbox and then it is downloaded and gone. but i see no ticket, and the whmcs log shows nothing

the strangest thing is...i have 10 accounts , 9 accounts pipe successfully. only 1 account has problem, also if creating new accounts, it doesn't work too

Ignore the inbox, it shouldn't appear in there (and this suggests a configuration issue)

Equally I have never noticed any emails in the inbox

Is there any chance this forwarder is a duplicate?

For example

staff@domain.com (mailbox)

staff@domain.com (forwarder)

staff.1@domain.com (forwarder)

staff.2@domain.com (forwarder)

staff.3@domain.com (forwarder)

That would explain why you see the email in the inbox, then it becomes deleted when the cronjob runs (staff@domain.com)

Also, post up the cronjob and pipe code (remove any sensitive sections), we can then compare and advise

You need both

The forwarder runs the script, which then sends the email to the mail box

Note the mail box would already exist

This is incorrect.

If you're PIPING, you only need a forwarder. The entire point is to forward the email to a script (pipe.php) rather than an email account. This is the best method for delivering messages to your support desk.

If you're POPING, you only need an email box. The pop.php script runs via cron every X amount of minutes and pulls any messages out of the inbox, and feeds them into the support system.

You DO NOT need both setup, in fact, if you do you setup both, you'll probably end up getting duplicate tickets. Or you'll be unnecessarily storing the ticket emails after they've already been piped into WHMCS (assuming you do not have pop.php setup in cron)

The piped email needs an email address to go to, so the email address will need to be setup

It is also a safeguard should the cron fail, which I have had happen twice

Its just a forwarding address, it does not need an actual inbox. There is no cron to run if you're using piping. I assume you mean the "it is also a safeguard should the pipe script fail." Thats your choice if you'd like to have the additional safeguard. I've found the piping script to work quite well. Typical failures are an issue with PHP or your MTA, not of the script itself. In which case the POP3 polling cronjob is just as likely to fail. The only upside to that is, if the cron job fails, it will just keep trying with no issues. If the pipe script fails, the message will just bounce.