Likes - from a WHMCS Newbie

epode

We're moving from AWBS to WHMCS and we're still in the process of configuring WHMCS with a target live date of the end of December.

I've already written some negative feedback about some aspects of WHMCS that we're not that keen on (CSS complexities and forced page styling) but I thought I would try to balance that out a little with some positive points.

I'm sure this list will be added to but here's what we have for now ...

- the file structure for templates and orderforms is quite nice and once you understand how each are used they are easy to edit and customise

- the language files provide scope and the 'language overrides' is a really nice touch and will save us time when coming to upgrade

- general documentation and online help is a real bonus compared to what we are used to and has eased our path a great deal

- the initial core upgrade from 4 to 5 was easy but recustomising the templates caused a bit of a concern (see our other feedback)

- the admin area appears easy to use but we haven't migrated our clients yet so the real load testing is yet to happen

- I really love the 'feel' of the v5 default user area. Okay, so we're customising it quite heavily but it's proving to be a really nice UXP

As mentioned, I'm sure this list will grow as we continue to customise our site.

Well done on a very nicely built script.