Difference between "Invoice Created" and "Credit Card Invoice Created"?

DavidBeaver

I am trying to understand the reason why or when you should use "Invoice Created" vs "Credit Card Invoice Created" when invoicing a newly created and accepted order?

I am manually creating and sending an order from the admin area to a new client for a monthly reoccurring product. Once I have created the order and I want the client to then receive an Invoice which template should I choose in order to have the next reoccurring payment processed automatically?

Is the "Invoice Created" template primarily used for one off invoices?

Is the "Credit Card Invoice Created" template used for clients who will be having their reoccurring invoices paid automatically thru their credit card on file?

I would appreciate any feedback I can get on this?

Thanks!

One has

Payment will be taken automatically on {$invoice_date_due} from your credit card on record with us. To update or change the credit card details we hold for your account please login at {$invoice_link} and click Pay Now then following the instructions on screen.
and the other doesn't

It would make more sense to put a conditional in the original one so that the text above will only display if its a credit card

• 8 years later...