Q about PayPal subscriptions

rykios

Question

Question before purchase,

i was wondering what happens in the case a client registers normally , pays via PayPal subscription, but, after a few months (for whatever reason) he cancels his PayPal subscription, and asks to manually pay each month, via PayPal

I had several such custommers, and i have to admit i completly lost control on who manually paied and when, i was wondering if there is some sort of automation in this case, if the script can handle this (be updated fro paypal about canceled subscriptions, issue and automatically send out invoices for manual paypal payments, keep track on who payed those invoices and who did not

Thanks

R

5 answers to this question

another question if i may :D

Is it possible to calculate at time of purchase the ammount for the remaining time until the end of current month, issue and send out an invoice for PayPal payment (obviously NOT by subscription) then run a monthly billing cycle with invoices that have to be paied on 1st of every month, for all custommers

thanks...

• WHMCS CEO

Hi,

When they cancel your subscription, you would need to login and change their payment method to PayPal Invoices. Then they will be invoiced and WHMCS will keep track of their payments as before without any problems or interuptions to their service.

As for your second question, that is what's known as Prorata Billing. If you look at the Version 2.5 Press Release which was released yesterday you will see this feature will be available in Version 2.5 of WHMCS. And by the way, this will be possible to be done via subscription - not just invoices.

Regards,

Matt

thanks Matt for the quick reply, impressive list of features and additions in the v 2.5 press release!

now.. if you tell me that upgrade from current ver to 2.5 will be as easy as a few clicks i m immediatly buying current and will upgrade at August

or,

if you expect upgrade to be requiring a lot of work i will be happy to wait until 2.5 final is released as free time for upgrades is simply non existant :oops:

plz advice...

thanks