Slight problem...

SpookedOut

I'm pritty sure, this is a general problem which can occur within WHMCS.

This is the scenario;

1. A customer orders a product.

2. They enter there address, user name/password etc.

3. It get's to the point where your to pay with PayPal (It does it with any payment gateway)

4. You don't pay, and basically cancel quickly. It then takes you into the Client Area! The customer didn't even pay! :?

I have certainly seen this in my WHMCS system and attempted to reproduce this in the WHMCS demo which did the same (So I know It's not my WHMCS)... It's extremely annoying, if a customer decides last minute that they don't want to carry through the order..

Any ideas?

Thanks

That wasn't my point.

This can effect you Adam just as well.

Hey,

I have honestly read this three times and don't get what your trying to say.

A customer signs up, then he decides NOT to pay? (IE he cancels the page, or what ever).

Correct me if I'm wrong, but thats what you are saying above, and asking what do you do?

From,

Adam

the moment they are redirected to the invoice page for payment they have to be inserted to the database because paypal have to notify the system that it's paid and credit the newly created account.

if they leave the payment page then delete it , that is what everybody does.

That wasn't my point.

This can effect you Adam just as well.

Hey,

I have honestly read this three times and don't get what your trying to say.

A customer signs up, then he decides NOT to pay? (IE he cancels the page, or what ever).

Correct me if I'm wrong, but thats what you are saying above, and asking what do you do?

From,

Adam

He is basically Saying why the account is created if it's not paid or before it's paid , if i understood him right.

Why would I be complaining?

This effects everybody which uses WHMCS..

So yes.. The account is created whether or not the order is actually PAID.

OK i changed complaining to saying just to make you happy :)

this is the way it works when you use a payment gateway , after redirecting to the payment page , the payment gateway have to find this client and the invoice and mark it paid , there is no way of creating the account only after it's paid.

• WHMCS CEO

Thomas,

Of course the account gets created in the database. And the order will show as Pending. Not sure why that's a problem? They don't get access to anything they shouldn't, their account on the server would not be setup, nothing would be processed. Most people like to follow up unpaid orders, simply discarding them is not acceptable. Plus there are a lot of gateways with no live response so remain unpaid until an admin checks it, for example cheque payment, bank transfer, etc...

They have not decided to cancel the order, they have already checked out on your site and fully placed the order, all they haven't done is pay.

So there is no problem here.

Matt

So say I have a customer which pays $3 for a shared web hosting plan I offer.

They click the order link, and the order process starts. They enter there personal information etc.

It comes to the payment step, in this case PayPal.

The customer doesn't pay, whilst still in the ordering process.

Let's say the customer then exits using there internet browser.

Customer open's it back up (internet browser). Types in the URL to the WHMCS billing system. Example: http://domain.com/whmcs/

The customer is then able to log into WHMCS. (Which is apparently suppose to happen, never the less ok)

They have the option of paying there invoice in there correct. But I would prefer it if the customer paid it whilst in the ordering process.

Anyway... :D

The customer is then able to log into WHMCS. (Which is apparently suppose to happen, never the less ok)

Why on Earth shouldn't they be allowed access? :confused: There's a zillion reasons why people would place an order and not complete payment at the same time.

They have the option of paying there invoice in there correct. But I would prefer it if the customer paid it whilst in the ordering process.

Forcing your customers to only have one chance to pay won't work very well!

If I didn't use WHMCS as a billing system, other billing systems wouldn't let this happen. That doesn't mean to say I won't use WHMCS though because I will.

Say you order a server from Sharktech / Gigeservers / Staminus etc. You pay there and then. You don't get any other chances.

If I didn't use WHMCS as a billing system, other billing systems wouldn't let this happen. That doesn't mean to say I won't use WHMCS though because I will.

What on Earth are you on about? :confused:

Say you order a server from Sharktech / Gigeservers / Staminus etc. You pay there and then. You don't get any other chances.

Why ban (effectively) a client from the system just because they didn't complete payment? Ordering creates a client account. I presume that's the sticking point of understanding, that making an order creates a client account. Which is pretty handy really as it adds lots of flexibility for the customer :)

Take the scenario that they make an error in their order. Should they have to re-register to re-order?

etc :)

Just out of curiosity, how does ModernBill handle this?

Modernbill handles this exactly the same , account is created without the payment if you use a payment gateway but is you accept creditcards directly the account will not be created if the customer doesn't pay.

But Spookedout, they're not signing up for WHMCS, they're signing up for hosting. WHMCS is just the billing and ordering program they use in order to pay for and get access to that hosting.

I think we all want you to establish this: Why specifically do you not want customers to access WHMCS if they don't pay immediately? Is it because of FAQs or Downloads that you only want registered customers to see?