cpanel link not working in admin area

compcreate

hello,

not sure if this is a bug or if i have something misconfigured.

I have client "Joe Smith". When I am in the admin section, I click on the clients name, then products/services, then I can choose which site and see the details. Then down on that page is a link next to the username that says "log into control panel". This link is not working. It loads a screen that asks for a username and password to log into cpanel but the alid username and password dont work.

If I click "login as client", and then my hosting packages, then the exact same domain, then login to cpanel, it loads up perfectly.

Any idea why it tries to load different urls?

The admin url is trying to load:

h t t p s://IPADDRESS:2087/xfercpanel/clientname

And the client area link loads:

h t t p s://IPADDRESS:2083/login and instantly redirects to:

h t t p s://IPADDRESS:2083/frontend/x/index.html

Is this a bug or do I have something broken?

Hey,

For this to work, you need to be logged in via root WHM or reseller WHM. Their is no work around or easy way for this to be done. You will have to be already logged in to WHM for those links to work.

From,

Adam

Ok I see what you mean, if I am logged in as Admin to my WHMCS, click on the link next to the clients username, it asks for username and password, which I assumed should have been the clients. But if I put root and my password I login to that clients cpanel as root.

So you are saying WHMCS cannot pass the correct credntials to allow this to work automatically? When I click on manage servers, there is a WHM button that works to login to my WHM as root. I dont see why (keep in mind I am not a programmer) the login to control panel link cant pass the same credentials to allow me to login to the clients cpanel right from there.

Hey,

This is due to cPanel's API.

Their are two ways to login to a client's cPanel.

1) Use their username and password

This would be the easiest way, however clients can change their passwords via cPanel and their is no possible way to notify any system (including WHMCS) that a password has been changed.

2) Login via root WHM or reseller

In WHM, if you click on List Accounts you will see a little cPanel icon, this lets you login to any of your clients cPanel account. WHMCS uses the same link, however you must be logged in to WHM (or still have the cookie active) to use those links.

Hope that makes sense.

From,

Adam