exProducts - expanded client area product sections

HostT

Do you want to be able to give your customers the option to view specific products instead of all of them at once? Currently WHMCS displays all products in one section, but i'm proud to say I have a fully functional expanded products addon that i will soon make available to the WHMCS community.

By calling my PHP script you will be able to list products from specific groups with ease! Want to list just Shared Hosting accounts? What about just VPS accounts? Or maybe you want a section for just SSL certificates?

Now you can expand your customer area menu and add the option for your clients to view the specific products they choose instead of having to view them all at once.

The great thing about it, it's COMPLETELY customizable! You can setup any custom groups and the script will automatically pull the information from the database!

The script is called by simply visiting

http://www.yourdomain.com/whmcs/products.php?gid=12

"12" is the group ID which you can find under the admin section for products, click on configure for the group you want to display and you will see a link such as:

http://www.yourdomain.com/whmcs/cart.php?gid=12

You use that same GID number when accessing the products.php page and it will display just those products, and the possibilities are endless!

I will also be including an SEO friendly setup which you will be able to access via the addon modules in the admin backend, i'm thinking about listing the GIDs in there as well, but we will see.

I have a working copy of the script but need to work out a few small bugs and clean up the code.

I will be releasing this along with my expanded client area invoice sections within the next week or two. Before i release it i wanted to check and see if there was anything else anybody would like to see added in with either this addon or the client area invoices addon. I'm thinking about bundling them together but i'm not sure about that yet.

If you have anything you would like to see included with this addon please let me know and I will do my best to include it in the upcoming release.

1:30am and i'm starting to see php code when i close my eyes, time for bed :)

sorry not sure what this does different then what whmcs can already do? If i wanted to organize by category as you suggest (sort by shared, vps and so on) would i not just create a Group and add those products to the specified group? It does not show all the groups combined on the order page so not sure what you are talking about.

sorry not sure what this does different then what whmcs can already do? If i wanted to organize by category as you suggest (sort by shared, vps and so on) would i not just create a Group and add those products to the specified group? It does not show all the groups combined on the order page so not sure what you are talking about.

This is for the client area, not for ordering. Under the client area it displays all the products/services as one page, this will allow you to separate them by groups that you setup.

For instance, i have a reseller customer who has 20+ SSL certificates, but WHMCS displays all the SSL certificates as well as all his hosting accounts on the same page in the client area.

With this script I can now add all the different "groups" i setup under WHMCS (shared, ssl, reseller, vps, dedicated, colo, etc) to my client area menu, the client can then select which products he wants to see and not have to fish through a couple pages of products to find the one he is looking for.

Great, we will be releasing a beta version within the next week once some changes are made.

We have decided to change the name and create an addon module as a "whole", the new module will be called ClientEx, it will be an all inclusive addon module that will include our expanded invoices and products.

This will require about a week more of coding to get it how we want but we believe it will be for the best as you will now be able to view all your groups via the addon module page, get links, change settings, and configure SEO for the products and invoices.

That is what will be included in the first release, we also have the following planned for future implementation:

Complete WHMCS SEO configuration page - includes all WHMCS pages not just our invoices and products addon

Client Area Product View Enhancements - a few tweaks we have already created for the area when you view information about the specific product. There will be a "website" preview which will show a thumbnail of the website the service is attached to, as well as some other "secret" updates which we will release once complete. Customers will also be able to arrange their product view the same as the homepage one below.

Client Area Portal Home Enhancements - tweaks and template enhancements with jquery and javascript to allow the customer to personalize their home page how they want on the fly (say a user wants the support tickets section at the top of the page), all they will have to do is click on that section and move it up to the top, it will automatically save the layout.

Client Area Notifications - allow admin to create notifications that will "pop up" for that specific user whenever they log back in, this will be first implemented as just for admins to apply to an account, but eventually will include support ticket notifications, invoice notifications, etc. So whenever a user is browsing their account if their support ticket is updated, they will get a jquery notification about it.

Client Area cPanel Enhancements - only in theory stage but we are working on developing a way to enhance the way cPanel and WHMCS interact, adding functions from cPanel in the Client Area so the most commonly used cPanel functions can be done via WHMCS, which will ultimately have the customer visiting your client area more frequent than their cPanel installation.

We have also contacted another developer on here about possibly using their affiliate promo code hook as well, if not we will develop one ourselves to include as well.

These are our plans as of 9/20/11 and we have 2 developers currently working on everything to hopefully have it finished in a timely manner.

If you have any suggestions about anything else you would like to see included please let us know here in this forum.

As i said earlier we will hopefully be releasing a beta version within the next week or two and we will post a new thread for it, I will make sure to post that link in here as well.

Good things to come gents! Cheers!

• 2 weeks later...

Almost everything is completed with the beta version to be released very shortly. The only thing left to be completed is the automatic upgrade script that will be included which will allow you to upgrade your version of our software directly from your web browser, very easy and quick upgrading to ensure you have the latest bug free version as well as all the new functions that will be included.

We're holding back the release just to make sure we can include the upgrade feature, we want to be sure upgrading for any bugs we find during the beta stage will be seamless and easy for anybody, upgrade script is 60% complete.

• 2 weeks later...

Due to the upcoming release of the new version of WHMCS we are again going to delay the release of this product. This will allow us additional time to integrate some new features as well as make sure all features work with old and new versions of WHMCS. Unfortunately we do not have a full version WHMCS purchased directly from WHMCS which prevents us from beta testing the new version.

On ANOTHER note we have completed an early version of the web based upgrade script. It is based off the Wordpress methodoligy for upgrading, it will attempt to upgrade via http request, if that fails it will revert to fopen, if that fails it will revert to curl. Still tweaking it out but good things coming soon.

We also completely revamped how we were going to impliment the upgrade script, originally it was going to be an additional addon module but after a lot of testing and debugging we have been able to basically mimic an admin page which completely eliminates the need for an addon module.

We are also looking at creating a direct menu on the admin section, we have already completed a working version for 4.x where the entire "Help" menu was moved to below the "Home" and our WHMCSe menu was added at the end.

Completed as of 10.18.11

expanded products php processor file

expanded products link generator

expanded invoices php processor file

expanded invoices link generator

whmcse web based upgrade system

Planned for release after beta testing of WHMCS v5

custom .htaccess SEO friendly URLs

integrated template editor with SMARTY syntax highlighting

OPTIONAL custom admin template modification to add WHMCSe to main menu

custom affiliate promo code instead of affiliate link

WHMCSe addon module upgrades (basically meaning the WHMCSe upgrader will support upgrading other addon modules via the web based interface)

^ these are our top priority but there are many more features still in planning stages

We're working on getting a beta tester license to roll all this our quicker.

Oh yeah, to simplify things we have decided to go with "WHMCSe" which will stand for WHMCS Expanded/Extended.

http://www.whmcse.com is under development

**** if you are in dire need of the expanded products or invoices functionality email or message me and i will email you the direct processing PHP file that you can use until everything is completed. I will provide a brief explanation on how to use it which if you're familiar with HTML should be fairly simple.

I think it is not very clear what you are trying to explain what this add-on will do.

Do you mean that on the Order page or the client area Products & Services page, you are implementing this?

I think you mean the Order page, and by having it so it is similar to the normal folder hierarchy you see in Explorer. So you can expand groups of products rather than switching pages?

One recommendation: Add an option so that if 1 group is expanded, the others are collapsed. Only keeping 1 group expanded. Then allow that to be turned off, and have as many groups expanded / collapsed as the visitor like to open.

Also, why don't you release this before the next update, you've been talking about releasing this for quite some time now! You should also release it sooner rather than later, so you can receive feedback from users who can critique and offer feedback to you (e.g. a Beta or Limited version), allowing you to implement the changes in when the new WHMCS update is released!

Also, don't forget, many sites still use older versions, so it needs to be backwards compatible, to work with older sites and their custom templates / skins etc... rather than just the latest WHMCS.

There is a cPanel add-on available that allows users to manage their account from WHMCS... Haven't seen it for a long time though.

Looking forward to something tangible! Like some screen shots!

Cheers!

Edited by Brian Murphy