check domain

grinfax

Two questions.

1) I'd like to have a "check domain" form on my homepage. If the domain exists, then they can pick their hosting package from the results page.

2) If the domain does not exist, can we check the other TLDs to see if they are available and suggest them.

How can I set up the form/WHMCS for this?

Thanks,

Kim

• WHMCS CEO
I believe this ability is coming in the next release....to be able to order hosting from the domain checker page.

Nope, it's already there, and been there since V1!

As for putting the domain checker on your homepage, login to the admin area and go to Utilties > Integration Code to get the code you need to use.

Matt

Nope, it's already there, and been there since V1!

As for putting the domain checker on your homepage, login to the admin area and go to Utilties > Integration Code to get the code you need to use.

Matt

Hmmm I thought there were discussions here before concerning the ability to order hosting from domainchecker.php . When I goto my homepage and check a domain name that is available I get the option to register the domain by clicking the text "Order Now!" and am not presented with the ability to add hosting at any time.

So am I missing this ability?

UPDATE: see post http://www.whmcs.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=3698&

PPH is correct. The integration code does not allow me to add a hosting package only order a domain.

If we do the domain checking with a separate script, is there a way to pass the domain name, package ID and billing cycle in a query string?

The integration code does not allow me to add a hosting package only order a domain.

Change the template :)

If we do the domain checking with a separate script, is there a way to pass the domain name, package ID and billing cycle in a query string?

something like ...

order.php?order=domain&step=3&domainoption=register&sld[0]=mydomain&tld[0]=tv

becuase the script uses globals you can pretty much jump to any part of the order process just by creating the right url's and values :D