How do you handle extra disk space/bandwidth orders?

rbro

Seems like these could be setup as either add-ons or configurable options. It also appears there needs to be a separate item for each increment. i.e. 5GB, 10GB, 20GB etc. I know that if I want it to inherit the package billing cycle I'd set it up as a config. option. I'm curious how y'all are setting up these options in your system, as well as other add-on items like SSL certs, Dedicated IP's etc. Add-ons or Config. options and why?

i do mine through Addons with a monthly fee

OK, thanks. But what do you do if the customer has a quarterly or annual billing cycle for instance? Do you manually add the disk space/BW and just post yourself a reminder to check if he has renewed it each month? Seems like this is where it could get a bit sketchy.....

I make multiple addons for the different biling cycles. So if they are a quarterly hosting client and need more bandwidth then I create a qaurterly bandwidth package in addons.

I have requested a feature to be added to WHMCS that the addons be treated just as a product, you haev the billing scale, and can place them in categories. Would make things alot easier.

Maybe I'll just make all these as add-ons-monthly only. That will be easier to track and if an annual customer decides after 2-3 months that he doesn't need the extra BW anymore, it will be easier to cancel and deal with.