How resellers are handled

compcreate

Question

Hello,

I want to understand how to handle resellers better. Here is my scenario:

Have reseller that is charged $25/month to be "reseller" he gets his site hosted with that. Reseller can add domains under his account and I bill him $5 for each account.

So if I have a reseller with 10 clients, then I will be billing him $25 + ($5*10) = $75/month

How does a reseller of mine add clients under them, and for em to auto bill for them?

Do I setup a resller product, and then a "client" product and tell the reseller to add an order for each "client".

How do all of you handle your resellers?

3 answers to this question

first of all what control panel do you use?

For Cpanel, when you are root, you can have resellers, and you can assign them a mix of space, transfer and account limits. Then you charge for that package, and they create as many accounts that the attribution can allow.

So as you see that is not the way you want to resell, and WHMCS + CPanel will not do it the way you want.

If you want to stick to the way you do it, then the reseller will need to signup for a discounted plan, perhaps using either a hidden product or a coupon. That way, he has one full plan, plus the discounted ones with you, but perhaps no CPanel reseller access.

first of all what control panel do you use?

For Cpanel, when you are root, you can have resellers, and you can assign them a mix of space, transfer and account limits. Then you charge for that package, and they create as many accounts that the attribution can allow.

So as you see that is not the way you want to resell, and WHMCS + CPanel will not do it the way you want.

If you want to stick to the way you do it, then the reseller will need to signup for a discounted plan, perhaps using either a hidden product or a coupon. That way, he has one full plan, plus the discounted ones with you, but perhaps no CPanel reseller access.

It is possible - he can limit the reseller account to creating X accounts, where X is the number of 'additional cPanel accounts' the user adds when ordering - a product addon should work, or a configurable option (never quite remember the distinction offhand) :)

The reseller can then order more addons for the package through the hosting packages > view details > addons section, and this guy can login to WHM and increase the number of accounts the reseller is allowed to create :)