Enom- automatically renew domain?

rbro

I have the Enom module enabled and set up with my login/password etc. I have a client with a domain name that is under my Enom reseller account and it's set up in WHMCS with Enom listed as the registrar, reg. period set to 1 year, amount- $15 and status set to active. Will this be invoiced automatically in advance like any other package and will WHMCS attempt to renew it for 1 year through Enom upon the domain expiry date?

WHMCS will generate the invoice just like any other product/service. And renew it only if the client pays for it of course.

Matt

Does the registrar need to be selected in the drop-down for that domain in order for an invoice to be generated?

Will it attempt to renew it for the number of years in the registration period box?

If I manually click on "renew", will it generate an invoice or if an invoice for renewal already exists, will it "know" that and attempt to charge their card for the invoice before attempting the renewal?

• WHMCS CEO

No, registrar doesn't matter. If a domain is due for renewal, it will be invoiced. Doesn't matter what other settings there are.

Yes, it will renew for the length of the registration period.

And no, if you click the Renew button, it will renew it instantly. No invoice, no payment. That's the manual admin renew button to overide and submit a renewal manually.

Matt

If a domain is due for renewal (enom), WHMCS creates an invoice which is fine. But when the invoice is paid, how is the renewal actually processed?

A couple of such invoices were paid and WHMCS did not autorenew these domains at enom. Neither did it create any pending domain order.

How are we supposed to find such payments? Keep checking the gateway emails?

System activity log only displays the last 100 entries - staring from 06/08/2007 15:13 to 06/08/2007 17:50.

How can we see more? The last domain renewal invoice was paid 6/8/2007 10:37 AM

Previous Page and Next Page hyperlinks on the bottom of the page do not work.

My homepage screen has the following options for domains:

Pending Domains

Active Domains

Expired Domains

No option for DUE FOR RENEWAL. I would also like to point out that these due for renewal domains do NOT appear in Pending Domains.

My homepage screen has the following options for domains:

Pending Domains

Active Domains

Expired Domains

No option for DUE FOR RENEWAL. I would also like to point out that these due for renewal domains do NOT appear in Pending Domains.

Huh? Admin homepage :)

Upcoming Domain Renewals

Domain Client Registrar Reg Period Expiry Date

• WHMCS CEO
I would also like to point out that these due for renewal domains do NOT appear in Pending Domains.

Of course not. They aren't pending as they aren't new orders. They are already registered. Just need renewing.

Upcoming Domain Renewals

That does NOT mention which invoice for domain renewal has been PAID. It simply shows all domains which will need renewal soon.

How are we supposed to KNOW which invoice for domain renewal has been PAID? Thats a very simple question

Upcoming Domain Renewals

That does NOT mention which invoice for domain renewal has been PAID. It simply shows all domains which will need renewal soon.

How are we supposed to KNOW which invoice for domain renewal has been PAID? Thats a very simple question

Matt, can you please offer some insight into this?

Thanks

• 1 month later...

Matt,

I have Automatic Registration for all my TLD's set to Enom.

BUT, I am now realizing many domains that were paid to renew, did not. Now I am faced with having to pay higher fees to get them back before released into the general public.

What would cause some domains to renew automatically when their invoice was paid and others to not renew?

• WHMCS CEO

What would cause that is an error occuring on Enom's side or automatic domain registration for those TLDs not being enabled. Every renewal attempt is logged in the activity log with the outcome so check that for details.

Matt

What would cause that is an error occuring on Enom's side or automatic domain registration for those TLDs not being enabled. Every renewal attempt is logged in the activity log with the outcome so check that for details.

Matt

My activity log does not go back that far :(

• 2 weeks later...