Everything in general configuration has disappeared again

bill

has anyone come across this issue, as ive searched the forums to no avail.

Im about to go live....and today when i logged in, noticed that there were empty fields under all tabs within the settings for general configuration.

for some unknown reason all field entries had disappeared.

this is the second time in 2 weeks

i have been very careful in making changes, like not refreshing or stopping the browser when updates are being made.

how can i check at the point the data disappeared, or debug logs etc. yesterday everything was fine today all the details are gone.

i want to go live now but am worried this is going to happen again

cheers

bill

this will happen if you ever restore Firefox after its the window has closed and you left your browser on that config page. Or you refreshed the page or hit back, then ok, after had submitted it before and now somehow the variables are missing. I highly doubt its a bug and more an error on the user side. Sorry, thats just always been the reason any other time this type of problem has come up.

Strange...ive worked with many cms's and do a bit of coding myself, but never came across this before...I do not intend to degrade the software in any way, as there could be a multitude of situations which can cause a problem

but anyway ill try not using firefox restore feature and see how we go.

thanks for tip MAC

As this has happened to me, I can confirm that the form will save itself, with ALL blank variables.

So, it would be nice to enforce a check before involking the post to ensure that all required variables needed for the proper functioning of WHMCS are present before saving the form.

Matt your the maaaan.....This is what i call great service

Modernbill you suck big time, learn from Matt and you might be able to stay alive.

For the ones who still have not decided to purchase your copy of WHMCS, what are you waiting for

you wont get this kind of service and product anywhere.

thanks again Matt.

• 1 month later...

I do have a toolbar, but it wouldn't pickup a random email address from the database. It's not like it is inserting my email address or one that I was working with. It's just an email address of a customer.

I'll try it with the toolbar turned off and see if that makes a difference.

OK. I turned off the toolbar totally and the email address is still showing up both in the New Client and Gen Config area. I have a ticket open on this, let me know if you want my login info to test it.

Tested on a PC and it is not doing this there, so it must be something with FF on the iMac. Has to be a local problem. You can close that ticket. Figured it out. I just needed to restart FF after turning off the toolbar.

John