Support friendly and helpful at first...then they disappear

TheDigitalFreeway

Ok, so I contact support by the email contact form, they get back to me quickly regarding my billing inquiry and inquiry regarding my cpanel flash tutorials purchase. They nicely reactivate my license since I just paid for the next month and they fix up the cpanel flash tutorial mess (I ordered it when I first bought whmcs but they never helped me get it up). So, they get the tutorial stuff all ready for me to download, they then send me an email with the download link and instructions for install/integration. So I download it and upload the files to my server...low and behold, the files linked in the skin are not the right file names (the file names in the zip they gave me differ). So I've asked them to fix that issue....took an 1 hour or less at first...now 3+ hours and still no reply despite numerous inquiries to try and get the issue finally resolved...go figure...and they have no other method of contact either, no phone and the only time I've seen live chat online was naturally, the day I decided to buy whmcs...go figure...grr...is anyone there??? hellooooo???? I'm trying to run a hosting business here and your software is important to the business, but it's not working when support disappears and may never come back!!! helllllllllp meeeeee!!!!!

Hey,

Well like you know as your running a web host. Support can't be on 24/7 to help all it's customers needs. Your not WHMCS only customer! So it does take time for support to fix this problem...

From,

Adam

they fix up the cpanel flash tutorial mess (I ordered it when I first bought whmcs but they never helped me get it up).

They didn't help you upload the flash files? is that what your saying? don't you think you should be able to upload the files yourself? if you can't do this simple operation then how are you going to support your customers?

I've seen live support on loads of times and used it to great effect, I think they also offer a installation service, if you don't know how to install software on a server maybe you should use them for it

I have to agree, I signed up around 72 hours ago with a reseller... and I'm having installation problems, yet support haven't replied after 48 hours!... not a great first impression considering I'm only in the stage of 'thinking' of moving... testing things out compared to our existing clientexec package.

What the hell is going on!?

they fix up the cpanel flash tutorial mess (I ordered it when I first bought whmcs but they never helped me get it up).

They didn't help you upload the flash files? is that what your saying? don't you think you should be able to upload the files yourself? if you can't do this simple operation then how are you going to support your customers?

I've seen live support on loads of times and used it to great effect, I think they also offer a installation service, if you don't know how to install software on a server maybe you should use them for it

I'm saying, they apparently have to customize the tutorials with your logo and then give you a download link to a zip with the customized tutorials and they provide you with instructions on install/integration...despite the fact that I ordered the cpanel flash tutorials when I first bought whmcs, none of those things were ever done until I just recently inquired about the purchase. In fact, I had to provide a screenshot of my client area showing that I purchased the cpanel flash tutorials because they said they had no records of me ever making such a purchase :? . But oh well, they still have a great product regardless and it looks like they've by now sent me a reply which I'll look at now :) . And btw, you can provide 24/7 support when you have enough customers, and although I have no idea of the number of customers whmcs has, I'd be surprised if it wasn't a good amount with such a great product. Ways of providing 24/7 support are: outsourcing, having people in your area work nightshifts...or even have the same support staff and setup a system where they have a pager or something and when a support inquiry is sent to whmcs, the staffs pagers go off.

I have to agree, I signed up around 72 hours ago with a reseller... and I'm having installation problems, yet support haven't replied after 48 hours!... not a great first impression considering I'm only in the stage of 'thinking' of moving... testing things out compared to our existing clientexec package.

What the hell is going on!?

Since you signed up with a reseller, this issue would belong at the resellers forums if they have one, this is out of the hands of whmcs. Why'd you even buy whmcs through a reseller? How much cheaper were the prices? I must say, the prices for buying direct from whmcs are pretty cheap already, not sure how much cheaper they could be through a reseller and if they are cheaper, you'll likely get subpar service as they have to cut out some services in order to keep making a profit or at least breaking even ;):)

issue resolved by whmcs support :) , sorry about this thread whmcs staff, didn't realize you didn't provide 24/7 support, will definetly stay with you guys though as you have a great product and when support is around during the day they are very nice and helpful, you may close this thread :)

**EDIT**

I'd like to take this chance to publicly apologize for how I handled this situation. The posting of a complaint of whmcs support on their public forum was uncalled for as was my pestering them by email. Sometimes I get wound up in certain situations and this was unfortunately one of those situations which resulted me in acting in ways I shouldn't have. WHMCS support is very friendly and helpful and they make a great product which I hope they continue to do for years to come and as such they did not deserve what I have done. This will not happen again, and I apologize for my rash actions.

• WHMCS CEO

Ok, this is my side of the story. I would also like to point out this issue was resolved before this thread was brought to my attention and not as a result of this thread.

TheDigitalFreeway emailed our support at 8:03pm saying he had paid for his license but it was not active again. This is because it had been allowed to expire and then after being paid late we always have to manually verify payments.

A reply was sent within 10 minutes to this message and the license reactivated almost immediately.

The customer then emails and mentions they ordered the flash tutorials. I apologise and say we missed the order when it first came in and would have fixed it if he had just emailed, customer seems ok at this point. I get the tutorials out to the customer within 90 minutes which is much quicker than the usual 24-48 hours turnaround time and again apologise for missing the order. It was now 10pm at night and I sign off for the night.

At 11:37pm another email is then sent by the customer saying the links to the tutorials are incorrect. This is a genuine mistake because our tutorials provider has recently changed and the filenames are now different which was overlooked.

A furthur email is sent chasing a fix at 1:12am, then 3:24am. Nowhere on our website does it say we offer 24/7 support. Nowhere does it give a guaranteed response time. Nowhere does it say we will always be online. Yet, this client assumed for some reason that we do and decided to post here and bombard our support address with emails because he didn't get a response within 90 minutes?

As the customer has now posted, as soon as I came back online (6am) I responded to the users questions and all was resolved. Total resolution time: ~10 hours.

I would like to point out that the problem was infact a few incorrect links to flash tutorials. The customer has tried to make out in the initial post that the whole system was not working during this time but it was a very small thing that has not even been mentioned to us in over a month since the order was placed. If there was really that much rush to get the tutorials why did you not contact us sooner?

So considering the total wait time was only 10 hours from start to finish which included the customisation of 30 tutorials to contain his logo, full instructions on how to install them, and a template file that displays them in WHMCS, I fail to see how support disappeared. There aren't many billing system companies who would have resolved it that quick, I can tell you - ESPECIALLY at a weekend.

So everyone, make up your own mind about how this issue was dealt with. Thread closed.