Email Sending Failed - SMTP Error: Data not accepted

Hi,

I am getting this error when sending emails out from ether system sending or just one email to clients and also on the mass mail :

Email Sending Failed - SMTP Error: Data not accepted

and now it is getting to 3 in 5 email sent are getting this error and also getting this when the cron runs.

any one else seeing this I have googled it but can only find it referencing to yahoo hosting and I am not with them.

Thank you but it is not server load.

Ok, what is / was the server load at that time?

well, then you need to check all the other options:

1. Are you using the correct username & password?

2. Did you check if the firewall is blocking access to your WHMCS installation?

3. Does the mailserver have limitations, like 100 mails per hour, and you're going over it?

4. Is the server's HDD perhaps full?

5. Are there any errors in the mail log?

6. Could your Apache or PHP memory limits be too low?

7. Is your MySQL DB, or server, optimized? Is it perhaps overloaded?

8. What is the network latency like from your WHMCS installation to the SMTP server?

9. Could your host's network, core routers, firewall, etc be interfering with the traffic?

10. enable debug mode (search the forums) in WHMCS and see if it gives any other errors.

11. Do an SMTP connection test, a few times, from the WHMCS server to the SMTP server. even if it's localhost.

Honestly, if WHMCS is setup with the correct email account details (i.e. SMTP server name, username & password) and you can send one email to a single person, then it should be able to send multiple emails to multiple persons. You need to check server load and network latency

• 6 months later...

For me it may be that my mail server only allows 100 open SMTP channels from a given source. Once the 100 emails are sent, the failed messages start happening. Does WHMCS not close the connection after sending the email? Or does it just keep opening connections without closing them?