One client with multiple accounts

Blueberry3.14

uh, this can already be done. I am confused on why you all think it cant and needs to be a feature request. Clients can already have multiple products under one WHMCS account. I have users with 12 hosting accounts, 15 domains and then a few other odds and ends, but still only one WHMCS client account. I must be missing something in your request as i dont see anything special that is needed.

Multiple products, yes. What I was trying to do was create a separate account with the same email address. I got an error "client with this email address already exists."

I merged the 2 accounts, which works it's just not the best solution (for this situation), as it combines all of the invoices from the two accounts together listing by date. Think of 2 businesses owned by the same person...that's why I was looking to separate them.

This makes things a little easier for me as far as admin stuff, since now I don't have to guess which "John Smith" account is for which business. (I had thought that in v3 there would be the option to display clients by their business name, rather than just their given name. Am I mistaken, or have I just not found it yet?)

What's *really* odd is that last night I noticed there are 2 accounts (mine and an old client's) that *do* have the same email address! I have no idea how I managed that. So I can do it on accident but not on purpose, I suppose :)

>> I noticed there are 2 accounts (mine and an old client's) that *do* have the same email address! I have no idea how I managed that.

I had tried forcing an email in the table to the same as another account. Problem with this is that you will only be able to log into the first account that the sql query finds.

>> I noticed there are 2 accounts (mine and an old client's) that *do* have the same email address! I have no idea how I managed that.

I had tried forcing an email in the table to the same as another account. Problem with this is that you will only be able to log into the first account that the sql query finds.

Good point. I already learned that while it's technically possible to have 2 email addresses associated with an account (such as when a company wants 2 people BCCed), that also changes the login and makes it very confusing to both the client and me.

Yes, it seems to allow multiple client records with the same detail - we've had one customer sign for 4 products creating a new account each time !

• WHMCS CEO
Yes, it seems to allow multiple client records with the same detail - we've had one customer sign for 4 products creating a new account each time !

Yes, accounts with the same name and address will be allowed. Email address can only be used once though.

Matt

Yes, accounts with the same name and address will be allowed. Email address can only be used once though.

Matt

Each of these has exactly the same email address as well.

Matt

Each of these has exactly the same email address as well.

So you have 4 different client area accounts with identical details on each including email addresses? :shock:

So you have 4 different client area accounts with identical details on each including email addresses? :shock:

Yes, manually moving the orders and things around now.

I don't understand how this could happen? Surely if the email address has already been registered it can't be registered again, I've just tested this and get the following message:

The following errors occured:

A user already exists with that email address

Maybe you've been messing with your files? :lol:

I think the client has ordered 4 different products creating a new account each time, and it would have to be with a new email address. Ouch..painful for the client.

Name Email Hosting Accounts Domains Products/Services

aaaa aaaa (aaaa) aaaa@aaaa.aaaa 1 0 0

aaaa aaaa (aaaa) aaaa@aaaa.aaaa 1 0 0

bbbb bbbb (bbbb) bbbb@bbbb.bbbb 1 0 0

bbbb bbbb (bbbb) bbbb@bbbb.bbbb 1 0 0

I can reliably reproduce this on both live and test whmcs installations.

Only on the 3rd time of me acting as client and creating the same order with the same product amd the same client details, saying "yes im a new client" each time it reports:

The following errors occured:

* A user already exists with that email address

The customer who manages multiple copies of their detail kept going back/fwd from the blank page shon at checkout to step-5 and submitting again

of course its in the system, where else do you think it stores it while its pending? The email address is associated with client account, has nothing to do with an order itself.

Easy there Mr. "years of programming, experience using WHMCS". I was just trying to help. Besides, if your so good then you help him.

redham