WHMCS Slider 1.3 VPS / Cloud Hosting Slider Order Form

Hostco

We are happy to announce the release of WHMCS Slider version 1.3

There are many new features that 1.3 brings to the slider.

It is now possible to use multiple sliders from as many pages as you like including an outside domain or subdomain. Submit orders from anywhere, even a local server.

It is now possible to customize the slider and add as many sliders or drop down options as you like. This gives you the ability to match your configurable options exactly how you have them configured in WHMCS giving you full control. This also makes the slider now 100% compatible with Onapp.

Added optional domain search and purchase options with error messages (can be disabled)

Added OS selection drop

Added bandwidth slider

Added host name input filed

Added name server input fields

Added root password input field

Outside WHMCS root directory demo

Inside WHMCS root directory demo

Wordpress Widget demo

Thank you

Edited by Hostco

• 2 weeks later...

Hi and sorry for the extreme delay to EastsideHosting. I forgot to subscribe to this thread so I did not receive an email to let me know there was a response. It looks like I may have added it in the wrong section of the forum as well.

The slider uses configurable options for provisioning your products in whmcs.Although we have not tested it, If the SolusVM provisioning module uses configurable options to make up your products, then yes it will support SolusVM.

The slider has its own pricing separate from whmcs that must be set up as well in a setting file if you want the pricing different from how it is set at default. It is very easy to do. This is how it has the ability to place orders from outside domains or sub domains.

Thank you

• 2 weeks later...

The purchasing process of this product was the biggest joke ever.

Firstly they didnt accept my visa card , so i contacted support and they advised me to use paypal instead.

I did not want to do that and used my amex instead as I wanted immediate access to the downloaded script.

The support person / admin I talked to told me that they do not accept amex either but for whatever reason the process went through. So I asked him how big they are and of course they are massive ;)

Anyways , long story short , this was the biggest ordering joke ever.

i never experienced such unprofessional and strange behavior.

He just rejected a valid customer , not sure how he can run his business successfully .

Pity , cause the product itself looked interesting, but the question is , how long will it be supported and is it actually working ?

We just wanted to follow up to this post to tell our side of the story. We were going to copy and paste the entire chat here but decided to remain professional about this situation. Our side of the story is this.

The customer placed an order this morning at 8:30 am and used his visa card that was denied 3 times because of an AVS mismatch. The customer then came on the livehelp and stated that our system was having an issue with his card. We asked him if he would not mind trying the paypal gateway and using his credit card there instead. We explained that even if you have a paypal account you can choose to ignore the account and use straight credit card. Most paypal users know that this is how paypal works. We told him to not use paypal but use his credit card through the payal gateway. We then explained that when a credit card is used to purchase the slider, that we wait to activate the order until the payment settles.

The customer then decided to try using his american express card instead of paypal and the order went through.

After the order was successfully placed he said that he was trying to download the product but the order still says pending. We explained again for a third time that we dont not activate credit card orders until the cards settle at 8pm. We explained that because of the amount of fraud attempts that we have had, we had no choice but to make our a policy like this.

Instead of understanding, he then demanded a refund immediately or he said he was going to have to do a charge back with his credit card company.

We then immediately refunded / voided the order and called American Express to release the authorization on the payment no questions asked.

We then gave him the order cancelation id number provided by American Express and all of this in under 2 minutes while he was waiting on the livehelp. We told him in the future we will no longer be accepting american express payments through the credit card gateway because of the very high fees. He agreed the fees were high but said he did not recommend getting rid of amex because of how many corporations use it. We explained for these clients, they can still use their american express card through the paypal gateway even if they don't have a paypal account. We never stated that we do not accept American Express as he says.

We then offered him a discount if he wanted to try using the paypal gateway with his credit card. We also said we would honor the discount if he wanted to purchase the slider later on today using the credit card gateway instead at around 7:45pm. we explained that our cards settle at 8:00pm so there would not be much of a wait before his order was activated.

Durning this process the customer wanted to know "how big we were" and also stated that he has no idea how our "one man show" will ever be successful. He said that "this was the biggest joke of an order that he has ever placed" He wanted to know "if we even had a merchant".

We are not exactly sure how professional that is, why he would want to know this information or make assumptions that we are a one man show. Talk about unprofessional. All of this because he could not have the slider right away and had to wait until 8pm.

The bottom line, at the end of the day, this customer was not happy or understanding about our policy for credit card orders. Even after refunding in less than 2 minutes flat and offering a discount if he changed his mind, he just said "you tried to force me to use paypal and its weird". We then stated that all we were trying to do was help him with his visa card that was being denied and that we were trying to help him achieve downloading the slider instantly instead of at 8pm. He then said "good luck in the future", left the chat, then came right to the forum to try and blast our company.

Even after being criticized and called names, and now after being blasted on the forum with lies, we still remain professional.

We have plenty of happy slider customers that paid with their credit cards and waited until 8pm to download and had no problem with our policy.

Sorry you are unhappy with our policy weirdgorilla. Please do not turn this thread into a war. Its simple, you did not accept our policy and wanted a refund or you would charge back your card. You got exactly what you asked for, a refund instantly. We even went out of our way to call our merchant and have the authorization lifted.

Threatening a charge back and bashing our company was not going to make us change our policy or mind for just this one instance. It was far from professional. That plan did not work out. Making up lies on this forum goes beyond the word unprofessional but again to remain professional, our offer still stands. We will still honor a discount if you change your mind and decide to purchase the slider.

Thank you

Hostco Inc

I am not making up lies, you accepted my amex payment and then told me you actually do not accept credit card payments.

Very strange indeed and telling me i need to wait for you to receive settlement from your merchant is a total joke.

When we used to use Worldpay we received settlement 4 weeks later, did we hold off providing services to our customers because of that ? no , of course we did not !

Any kind of reputable online business accepts credit cards and does not force their customers to use Paypal!

Either way , good luck with your business , hopefully you'll lern out of this experience!