Refunds do not set next due date back to previous date

I had a customer who made an early auto payment to me for their annual hosting invoice. Let's say it was made June 1 2011 with the actual due date being 6/6/11. Once this payment was made, WHMCS naturally changes the due date to June 6 2012 for next year. However, the client requested that I refund the transaction and reprocess it on June 6. I complied, refunding the amount, and marking the invoice as refunded.

the issue here is that whmcs, did not change the next due date back to 6/6/11. Instead it kept it at 6/6/12 and when the actual payment was made again on 6/6/11, the next due date became 6/6/13. If I didn't recognize this manually, I would have given this client a free year of hosting.

Now I can imagine this type of functionality is probably difficult to implement or track, but I think when an invoice is refunded, the next due dates for the service it is attached to should also be reset back. Thoughts?

Now I can imagine this type of functionality is probably difficult to implement or track, but I think when an invoice is refunded, the next due dates for the service it is attached to should also be reset back. Thoughts?

Why?

There are any number of reasons a refund could be made, almost all of which wouldn't require reverting the next due date.

Yours seems to be one of the most unlikely scenarios.

I get bit by this sometimes. We have customers who forget they have a card on file, and send a check that arrives after the charge has been made. I usually refund the card charge and process the check in its place, and it's easy to forget about changing the dates afterward. If it's an annual renewal, you've just given the customer a free year of service!

• 3 weeks later...