Weird Signups.

jonno

For nearly the past 10 days, I have had daily signups of the most bizzare accounts.

They're accounts that are created, where the packages are randomly picked, and the names are very random. And sometimes the mailing addresses and phone numbers are random too, like someone signed up as the City California, and the state as PQ @_@

Sometimes I'll get one a day, or 4.

Is it possible that there are some kind of bot thats doing it?

Is there a way, i can put in some kind of registration code, like the randomized letters we see so often?

do you have Maxmind implemented? That might help...

Nope, apparently that is something you have to pay for. Though it is pretty cheap, I would much rather have a random display code added. xD I think I would benefit from that a lot more then Maxmind.

you can get a free Maxmind account... it's on the WHMCS homepage somewhere,

I looked everywhere and couldn't find a link :| I did search through the forums, and found a website, whmcsaddons.com, but its a dead link.

On 13/05/2007 This is what happened to me :

because i receive a copy of all emails sent from the sysetm I received this 3 emails after an order was made from my website:

Order Confirmation Email

Dear ,

We have received your order and will be processing it shortly. The details of the order are below:

Order Number:

-

Amount: $ USD

Domain Registration:

Registration Period Year/s

Amount: $ USD

Total: $ USD

You will receive an email from us shortly once your account has been setup. Please quote your order reference number if you wish to contact us about this order.

Hosting Company

Customer Invoice Email

Dear ,

This is a notice that an invoice has been generated on 13/05/2007.

Your payment method is: 2CheckOut Invoice

Invoice #2383

Amount Due: $196.88 USD

Due Date: 13/05/2007

Invoice Items

Premium Plan - 55555s.com (13/05/2007 - 13/05/2008) $185.88 USD

Domain - 55555s.com - 1 Year/s $11.00 USD

------------------------------------------------------

Sub Total: $196.88 USD

Credit: $0.00 USD

Total: $196.88 USD

------------------------------------------------------

You can login to your client area to view and pay the invoice at https://www.domain.com/clients/viewinvoice.php?id=2383'>https://www.domain.com/clients/viewinvoice.php?id=2383

Hosting Company

welcome Email

Dear ,

Thank you for signing up with us. Your new account has been setup and you can now login to our client area using the details below.

You will receive your Hosting account Information as soon as the payment approved.

Email Address:

Password:

To login, visit https://www.domain.com/clients

Hosting company

------------------------------------------

as you can see the missing information in all the emails sent like name, email address, password and amounts.

so i went to the billing system and there is a pending order and upaid invoice and a domain but when you click to see the order or the invoice they are not there no pending orders in the list and invoices but the amount and the order are somewhere hidden.

the only way was for me to go and clean the database by hand.

this happened to me only one time and i hope never happen again and i just wonder how that happened ?

I just got my maxmind today. What happens when someone gets a score above the score i put in the setup? Does it go to pending orders and notify the customer that their order cannot be setup due to _____ reason or does it just delete it all together and its nowhere to be seen?

Good questions. I was also wondering this.