modification - Website transfers

There are 2 aspects of customisation required for WHMCS... could you please indicate costs for each...and PM me offers via my skype contact, thanks Cameron:

1. When a customer orders a web site hosting product in WHMCS they are given the option to indicate whether they require an existing website to be transferred after their new hosting account has been set up.

When the order is finished the customer is sent a separate email that requests the various details required for our support team to transfer their site i.e. location, access details, website description (technical). This email is sent from our support email and a support ticket is automatically created that notifies our support team (after which they can follow up until completion).

It may also be suitable for this to be handled within the ordering process rather than sending a separate email but I was concerned that customers may not have their existing hosting information at hand and did not want to interupt the ordering process.

2, A page/form is to be created in the secure (SSL) WHMCS install that gives a potential customer with an existing website hosted with another providor, the chance to indicate when their current host plan expires, who they are currently hosting with, the sort of plan they are on, and how much they pay. This creates a task somehow (possibly a special category ticket) where an email is sent to the potential customer (also notifying our accounts/support team) 2-3 months prior to their indicated expiry of existing hosting. Reminder emails are then automatically sent to the potential customer leading up to the expiry of their existing account with the other provider.

It may be useful that when potential customers fill in the they are registered with an inactive account in WHMCS. The indicated date of the expiry of their current hosting would need to be a field and other details would need to be attached or listed somehow for reference of our sales team (possible just in the communication record).

If a potential customer does not take up our services then and automated email is sent to our accounts email where they can then then either personally contact the potential customer or manually delete the inactive account.

• 2 weeks later...
There are 2 aspects of customisation required for WHMCS... could you please indicate costs for each...and PM me offers via my skype contact, thanks Cameron:

1. When a customer orders a web site hosting product in WHMCS they are given the option to indicate whether they require an existing website to be transferred after their new hosting account has been set up.

When the order is finished the customer is sent a separate email that requests the various details required for our support team to transfer their site i.e. location, access details, website description (technical). This email is sent from our support email and a support ticket is automatically created that notifies our support team (after which they can follow up until completion).

It may also be suitable for this to be handled within the ordering process rather than sending a separate email but I was concerned that customers may not have their existing hosting information at hand and did not want to interupt the ordering process.

2, A page/form is to be created in the secure (SSL) WHMCS install that gives a potential customer with an existing website hosted with another providor, the chance to indicate when their current host plan expires, who they are currently hosting with, the sort of plan they are on, and how much they pay. This creates a task somehow (possibly a special category ticket) where an email is sent to the potential customer (also notifying our accounts/support team) 2-3 months prior to their indicated expiry of existing hosting. Reminder emails are then automatically sent to the potential customer leading up to the expiry of their existing account with the other provider.

It may be useful that when potential customers fill in the they are registered with an inactive account in WHMCS. The indicated date of the expiry of their current hosting would need to be a field and other details would need to be attached or listed somehow for reference of our sales team (possible just in the communication record).

If a potential customer does not take up our services then and automated email is sent to our accounts email where they can then then either personally contact the potential customer or manually delete the inactive account.

You can do this:

1- by modify the email templates for the web hosting or .... etc

2- the second you can do it by creating a new custom fields

You can do this:

1- by modify the email templates for the web hosting or .... etc

2- the second you can do it by creating a new custom fields

1 - yes you can ask the client to send you this information via support ticket, but a better way is to add custom fields to the products asking the client to add this information when they do the initial order and then this information is sent to you with the order.

1 - yes you can ask the client to send you this information via support ticket, but a better way is to add custom fields to the products asking the client to add this information when they do the initial order and then this information is sent to you with the order.

Yes your way is better than mine. :idea: