EidolonHost integration

Welp, it certainly took a while.

I have now successfully integrated my billing system into EidolonHost's main site.

Main site: http://eidolonhost.com (Don't mind the slight messyness you'll find. I'm still working on modifying stuff.)

Billing system is at: https://secure.eidolonhost.com

I was floored by how well WHMCSIntegrations.ca did the job. I had to contract it out to them because my attempts failed rather miserably.

This is perfect. The only thing to do now is to do the admin integration as well for a true integration. xD

Among a few other things. >_>

... Is that what the issue was? I keep wondering why the security question keeps turning into those odd things.

>_>

Derp. I shoulda known. I'll have to find out what the fix is... be back soon. :D

There is no "fix" - your passwords, security questions and credit card details will be inaccessible and clients will need to re-enter them.

worked fine on my install

https://scriptinstallation.ca/billing/register.php?systpl=eidolonhost (well ignore the cart since it is modified for my main layout :P )

wwesn: This was an issue not related to you doing the integration of our site. :)

We were aware of this issue, but had no real idea of how we could resolve it, permanently.

Now we do, thanks to Alistair.

Alistair: Would it be much more simpler to reset everyone's passwords and remove security questions and the like?

I've done it before, but for some reason the issue returns. :/

Alistair: Would it be much more simpler to reset everyone's passwords and remove security questions and the like?

I've done it before, but for some reason the issue returns. :/

Yes - you would need to reset cpanel passwords to enable clients to login via the WHMCS client area. As for their client area passwords, that's up to you.

You should also remove and re-enter the security questions, although if your client is already using one of the questions, I think you will need to manually change it before you can delete it from the system.

Your users will not be able to login to cpanel via WHMCS because the passwords will have changes to jargon characters.

So you need to reset cpanel passwords (unless you know what they are - in which case just update WHMCS with the passwords).

Yeah... didn't realize that's what happened. We've now added that to our backup procedure. Or rather, I assumed that the upgrade procedure would leave the hash in place... my fault.

Also, fixed. Woo. We're reconfiguring our WHMCS, though... so that's taking some time. :)

Is this final? Looks good for the most part.

Few things to note:

1) Homepage icons don't match your design at all.

2) Client Login and Search in the Quick Navigation area should be aligned right to match the rest of your design.

3) Looks like the bottom is missing the rounded image to complete the div.

http://eidolonhost.com/why.html (Rounded Bottom)

yeah he could have done a better job - because it would have took him 4 weeks :P (if your lucky) then he would have added your name to a fake testimonial haha

http://forum.whmcs.com/showthread.php?t=33045

If he has any issues he can come to me and I'll fix it. More then likely when I upgrade his site to 4.5

Edited by wwesn

yeah he could have done a better job - because it would have took him 4 weeks :P (if your lucky) then he would have added your name to a fake testimonial haha

http://forum.whmcs.com/showthread.php?t=33045

If he has any issues he can come to me and I'll fix it. More then likely when I upgrade his site to 4.5

Not sure how this relates to the topic at hand? There are problems in the integration and I have noted a few of them. Simple as that.

It's mostly final, yeah. And thanks for catching that.

I'll ask wwesn to fix them for me. He's done beautiful and fast work for us, so... we're definitely pleased with his work.

Thanks for the input, Payton.

wwesn: Heh, thanks for posting that thread. I'd chosen you due to having observed how you responded and worked with others. Incidentally, I've noticed how you two seem to compete with each other.

Edit:

I have to say, Payton, I'm not too fond of what you're doing, to be honest, especially if you're adding fake testimonials... that's something we really hate.

But in any case, yes, the design is essentially final.

Edited by Keiro

Any website with testimonials residing on it is questionable - funny how there never seem to be negative reviews on a website with their own testimonials.

Divert them to a third-party review site, however, and they might be slightly more believable - depending on which third party site you use.

I have to say, Payton, I'm not too fond of what you're doing, to be honest, especially if you're adding fake testimonials... that's something we really hate.

Simple mistake :)

When you've worked with over 1000 hosting companies its hard to keep track of all the testimonials received.

Get those changes fixed up on your integration and it will be good to go. ;)