<resolved> pop3 on server status page red but its work

d33pa

I just noticed that on my server status page, the pop3 light is red. I check on whm and it shows everything is running fine (all green). I also tested email and is working fine. I know these lights were working fine before.

The only changes that were made is upgrade whm and cpanel to WHM 11.1.0 and cPanel to 11.2.6-c11806; but i believe the lights were working fine after the upgrade (2 weeks ago), this problem started today.

Thanks in advance.

that could be a firewall issue or other issue non-related to WHMCS.

from what I can see is happening, WHMCS attempts to connect to the port.

if it fails, then it is red, albeit, it may still be working.

the standard pop3 port is 110

thanks for the reply. if the standard port is 110 for whmcs to probe my server with, than that has to be open, as this should be one of the normal ports that should be open, no?

another scenerio I can understand that maybe the 110 port is only allowing outgoing and not incoming traffic as pop3 only delivers mail, smtp will the port that should allow incoming connections.

Sorry, i am learning as we go along. Pardon my inexperience.

i am going to contact my support dept, i just need to know how to explain to them.

tia

so i am able to telnet to port 110 no problems, so i dont think it is a port issue.

I have also uploaded a fresh copy of the template of the v 3.12. made no difference. As i said, no problems with pop3 email, just this damn stupid light. i have 2 servers on the status page, the other one (which is where whmcs resides) works with all green lights, just 1 red light for damn pop3 on my 2nd server (which is a different server and different data center.

Any help will be much appreciated.