how do you keep track of renewed domains?

I just had an invoice automatically charged for an annual domain, but other than the daily cron (which only indicates charges - not domains or accounts separately) i had no indication about the clients paying the domain renewal invoice. I have less than 100 clients i this system right now so i was luckily able to catch it and then renew the domain in the admin area. However i will have well over 200 clients by the end of the year, and i will not be able to keep on top of this without some notification...

So my question is how are we supposed to keep track of domain name renewals. How do we know when the clients invoice for the annual domain renewal is paid so we know to go in and renew the domain name in the admin area?

• 4 weeks later...

I dont need copies of every invoice, that would take hours to go throough every day. I just ned to know about the domain renewal ones.

I guess I could do a filter for a specific subject, but i dont want all the payment confirmation emails every day and I have that turned off, additionally i dont need those because i receive authorize.nets confirmations and the cron email.

What i am looking for is a specific line in the cron email that lists the domain renewals separately so i know to go in and renew a domain.

I am aware it shows in the admin page, but it only shows until they pay for the domain, once its paid, we lose track of them and could easily miss our step to then go in an manually renew the domain once its renewal fee is paid.

• WHMCS CEO

All domains due for renewal are shown on the admin homepage. It won't only show there until the client pays the renewal, it will show there until it gets renewed. That is why there are seperate fields for the next due date and the expiry date of the domain.

Matt

well thats exactly what I was looking for, i have set all of mine for 1 week prior to their actual expiration so i have time to catch them. I must have missed this on eht last one. What I remember was it was visible there until after the client paid it, obviously I was mistaken.

Thank you for noticing this thread and assisting me.