Late Fee's

LifeGuard

I'm a new user and this worked perfectly for me this week. In fact too good! It charged the fee and made me realise that a one off fee of £5 ($10) looks like highway robbery when the invoice value itself is only £3.50 ($7)

:oops:

I need to go look and see if I can set a percentage fee.

Regards

David Goode

3cellhosting.com

• 4 weeks later...
I don't think you can charge tax on late fees.

double check with your accountant.

Yes you can, depends on what you're making the late fee for - if its afinance charge then its tax free, if its a service charge then its +vat

Idealy need to be able to decide on late-fees by product (rather than a flat amount), and then on a client-by-client basis be able to say not to charge them late fees - it is quite common to have different clients with different credit terms.

Okay, good to know ... as far as I know, in the US you can't.

Idealy need to be able to decide on late-fees by product (rather than a flat amount), and then on a client-by-client basis be able to say not to charge them late fees - it is quite common to have different clients with different credit terms.

Yes, that would be nice.

It would also be nice to be able to set a decline fee for specific payment plugs too.

• WHMCS CEO
Mine is also not adding late fees.

There's no issue with adding the late fees, what's being discussed here is the adding of tax on the late fee. I'll add an option for this in the next update.

Matt

Fernis:

Have you looked at the details of an overdue invoice in WHMCS - the late fee gets added as a line item, and works very well. Try creating an order, change the due to date to a month ago, run the cron job to send invoices etc and then look at the invoice.

Our "temporary" fix on the tax/vat issue is to change the fee to 11.75 from 10 (1.75 is the tax) and send a separate VAT receipt to those that have paid it, unil the proper fix comes.