[FIXED] iWHMCS Adding a Transaction to an invoice doesn't mark paid

My primary objective for using iWHMCS is to be able to easily mark invoices as paid while on the go - particularly while depositing cheques. Thus, my usage is as follows:

1. Launch iWHMCS and choose Billing tab

2. Choose Invoices

3. Choose Overdue (or anything really)

4. Select an invoice [Note that It would be really nice if it showed the invoice customer name and business name while in the list of invoices, rather than only the ID]

5. Add Transaction

I then fill out the details. The date is automatically filled in as today, I choose cheque as the payment method, enter the Amount In as the amount on the cheque and provide the cheque number as the Transaction ID.

Upon returning to my computer and logging in to WHMCS I see the following problems.

1. Even though the amount of the transaction is equal to the amount of the invoice, the invoice is not automatically marked Paid (as it would be if I used the normal WHMCS admin page to do this).

2. The date of the transaction is wrong - [20/10/2009] rather than the current date as provided by iWHMCS automatically.

3. The Transaction ID I entered does not appear

4. Although the transaction appears as a payment on the invoice (in the list below the invoice details), if I view the client's Transactions page, it does not show there at all.

This feature appears to be broken.

I am currently running WHMCS Version: 4.4.2 and iWHMCS v1.4.0

Jordan

• 2 months later...

The majority of this is fixed in the latest version of iWHMCS.

- The invoice is marked paid

- The transaction ID entered appears now

- The transaction now accurately shows up on the client's transaction page.

The remaining problem is that the date field is still wrong. Before it would specify 20/10/2009. Now it shows 00/00/0000

Just in case it wasn't clear, I never actually touch the date field on the iPhone - it is always pre-filled with today's date.

Thanks for the above fixes! This is now usable for applying invoices on the go.

Ben,

Exactly. Steps to reproduce:

1. Open Billing Tab

2. Choose Invoices

3. Choose Overdue (or Unpaid)

4. Select the Invoice ID

5. Choose Add Payment

6. Fill everything out. Note that I do not change the date field since it already contains the current day's date (at least so says the iPhone).

Yet the date in WHMCS actually shows as 00/00/0000

Another thing I noticed... during step 3, it's rather difficult to know which invoice to choose because all I'm shown are IDs and not names to match them. I thought this was 'fixed' with iWHMCS 1.4.2. According to the changelog:

- Client name and company added to invoice list

Found here: http://forum.whmcs.com/showthread.php?t=37262

Perhaps this requires WHMCS v4.5 to work properly?

Jordan

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...