How can I remove certain features on the main forum?

nexthost

So, I'm wondering how I can remove or add certain links to the main portal page? Like I doubt I will be using the affiliate system and such, so I want to remove that is there just a certain way to disable any of the main things or no?

Also how can I change the default text on the left header where it says the site name, to a image, I want to use a image instead of that text, is that possible?

Also I want to upgrade ot the branded whmcs instead of the non-branded I purchased it like a week ago, could I purchase it now and pay next month, or would they prorate it, or how does that work?

Edited by nexthost

So, I'm wondering how I can remove or add certain links to the main portal page? Like I doubt I will be using the affiliate system and such, so I want to remove that is there just a certain way to disable any of the main things or no?

Yes, you can edit the template called "homepage.tpl" in /yourwhmcs/templates/portal/ Delete the ones you dont want OR Comment them out in case you change your mind later.

Also how can I change the default text on the left header where it says the site name, to a image, I want to use a image instead of that text, is that possible?

Yes, you can edit the "header.tpl" file in the templates/portal directory

Look for <div id="company_title">{$companyname}</div> and replace the {$companyname} with your image html code.

Also I want to upgrade ot the branded whmcs instead of the non-branded I purchased it like a week ago, could I purchase it now and pay next month, or would they prorate it, or how does that work?

I thin you mean upgrade to the unbranded "no whmcs powered by in the bottom", submit a ticket to WHMCS for this, they will make the decision about what ways it's to be paid.

Also for a quick note, there are plenty of ppl on the forums who do complete WHMCS overhauls from $10 of you have a min site your going to do. Altho they are not allowed to advertise. Look thru the Customisations section of the forum and check Forum Signatures.

Have a nice day :)

Yes, you can edit the template called "homepage.tpl" in /yourwhmcs/templates/portal/ Delete the ones you dont want OR Comment them out in case you change your mind later.

I would copy your portal template folder and rename it to something else. Then you will have a backup of each template file for reference if you need it later.

I just removed them but I am getting gaps in the sections, look at http://www.nexthost.org how do I make it so they are together?

As with any table, move the contents to the upper rows so they are even, then hiding the rows at the bottom you aren't actively using. I'd suggest making a copy of the unedited table before starting, to avoid making changes you can't easily revert.

Also what do I remove to remove the announcements at the bottom?
In the template set you're editing, look for:

{elseif $announcements} {$LANG.latestannouncements}
...more here...
{/foreach} 

Removing that removes the announcement block. As usual, make backups, and use caution.