ISPConfig 3 Server Module for WHMCS available

Hi there,

the ISPConfig 3 (http://www.ispconfig.org) server module is now available with the following features:

- Automatic client creation

o Clients are created with ISPC3 client templates. You can set different options for every hosting package

o All client features/options are supported

o Client details, which are transferred to ISPC3: Company name, First name, Last name, E-Mail Address, Postal code, City, State, Username, Password, Country, Language, Theme

- Automatic website creation (off/on)

o Readonly (client can’t change website settings) (off/on)

o ISPC3 domaintool: Automatic domain creation (off/on)

o All website features/options are supported and can be set for every hosting package (such as Ruby, SSI, SSL, … everything)

- Termination of accounts

o Delete the client and all services (such as websites, FTP accounts, mail features, … everything)

o Delete ISPC3 domaintool domains (off/on)

- Suspend accounts

o All websites are turned to inactive

- Unsuspend accounts

o All websites are turned to active

- Password changing

o Client and admin can change ISPC3 passwords

- Displaying login link

o ISPC3 login link in the admin area

Off/on means that you can choose if you want to turn it off or on.

System requirements:

- ISPConfig 3, version 3.0.3 or newer

- IonCube

Screens:

screen1.jpg

screen2.jpg

This module comes with a documentation/manual (english), which has 3,5 pages. There you will find installation instructions, explanatory notes, general information about all features and the perspective of the module concerning ISPConfig 3.

Additionally you will find some code for your registrant module.

All further updates, bugfixes, new features and changes in ISPConfig 3 are included.

The price is only 30,00 EUR (one-time). Paymentmethod: PayPal

You can order it here: click (change language at the bottom)

You can order it now. Delivery on monday 17th of january.

If you have questions, please contact me (PM - personal message).

Edited by veLenoSo

Looks interesting. Does ISPConfig have a centralised mail function like Plesk Expand? What I mean by that is when you have multiple ISPConfig servers, do you have to run multiple e-mail servers or can everybody's e-mail be on one server?

Could you put on the roadmap, "Overuse Billing". A host without the ability to charge / account for overuse is a business model waiting for trouble.

As far as I know you can have as many mailservers as you like. It depends on you, if you want to use only one server with mailfeatures or 100.

What do you exactly mean with overuse billing? In ISPC3 you can set quotas for Harddiskusage and Trafficusage. You can not exceed your limits.

At the moment roadmap for v.1.0.1:

- Add support for creating DNS entrys (done)

- Display messages while action (error/success) (done)

• 3 weeks later...

Version 1.0.1 is out now!

Changelog

o Instant activation in WHMCS possible

o Usernamehandling: Creates automatically a unique username (off/on)

o Server-/Servergroupfunctions in WHMCS are supported

o DNS entries are created with the ISPC3 DNS templates (off/on)

o Bug: Domaintool does not work, if Autowebsitecreation isn't enabled

...What do you exactly mean with overuse billing?...

Overuse is when you have soft limits in your control panel. Basically most service providers have soft limits because they don't want to cut off their clients when they go over their limits. Cutting off someone when they go over their limits is a hard limit.

Soft limits allows clients to go over their normal quota and then they get invoiced (in arrears) for the rest. WHMCS only got that feature about a year ago and last time I checked it only works with cPanel. Of course you can write scripts to "fool" WHMCS into thinking you're using cPanel, but the daily CRON overwrites the two limits (disk space & traffic) so you have to watch out for this.

Overuse can bring in a lot of extra income for any hosting provider but if it's not handled by the billing / panel application it's a mess, especially financially.

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
In ISPC3 you can set quotas for Harddiskusage and Trafficusage. You can not exceed your limits.

This is a very *very* bad setting. My clients will freak out if they are sudden stopped from using more than allocated. What instead is needed instead are soft limits and then an intelligent billing module that bills overage.

http://docs.whmcs.com/Disk_Space_and_Bandwidth_Overage_Billing

Native support is included for cPanel, Plesk & DirectAdmin modules using the values returned from the respective control panel API's but this feature can also be used by developers with their own control panels passing usage data direct to the WHMCS database

So the question remains, will this module remain incomplete or will it start featuring overage?

I'm sorry I am going to sound negative. My guess is based on the original release date and only one minor release thereafter this is not a very active module with little chances of being updated to keep track of the times. The developer probably had some spare time but is now focussed elsewhere.

• 1 month later...

Bought it, installed it, but having difficulties actually using it.

When trying to create a domain through WH we get the following output:

SOAP Error: documentroot_error_empty

php_open_basedir_error_empty

It creates the client fine but no domain.

I've fiddled around with the PHP settings under the Module but that doesn't seem to be at fault.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated...

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

v1.0.3 released (5th Apr 2012):

- Support for DNS templates

- Support for Maildomain creation

- Support for FTP Account creation

- Bug: Website owner was missing

- Bug: Suspend/Unsuspend didn’t work

- Bug: Change Package didn’t work

- Some code improvements

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

We had been running Plesk for years, which can be quite expensive, so we decided to use ISPConfig as an alternative for our customers. We pulled the plug after a year because supporting ISPConfig in addition to Plesk was just too hard and cumbersome. I would only take on ISPConfig is you are willing to dedicate significant resources to understanding and supporting it.

• 6 months later...

I'm getting a SOAP Error: no_server_error when i try to activate a site.

So far i know the connection to ISPC works and the client gets created in ISPC but the domain does not get created. Has anyone else had this issue and know how to solve it?

I'm pretty sure the module works but I have no idea how i would know what to look for to solve this.

Thanks for any help in Advance!

• 3 weeks later...

Almost the same as Schreyers :

I am trying to get 1.4 up running in my ISPConfig / WHMCS setup but keeps getting : "SOAP Error: looks like we got no XML document". I have followed the guide that came with the module.

ISPConfig version : 3.0.5.3

WHMCS : 5.2.7

I have tried google, but cannot seem to find anything that brings me closer to a sollution.

Some ideas would be appreciated.