Issue with tickets being responded to.

I am not sure if anyone else has noticed this but. A couple of times a customer has opened a ticket, I reply and when they reply back I get the email, and if I list the tickets in the helpdesk I can see the last thing done was 'Customer-Reponse' but I can not see the reply in the helpdesk itself.

So everything goes as it should except I am unable to view the reponse in the helpdesk ticket itself, I can see the inital ticket opening and my reply but the last reply does not show.

Thought maybe it was an issue with FF but also tried in IE 6 and 7 with the same issue.

I've already been talking with Matt about this - in my testing, if a user replies via email and their replies contain a ' (single quote or apostrophe) it seems to cause the issue. Most likely something not being escaped correctly.

I'm able to reproduce it on my system. Please feel free to test this and confirm if this is the case for you also... The ticket must be replied to by email and in my case whmcs is using piping not pop.

I haven't heard back from Matt if he was able to reproduce it or not, or if there is a fix yet.

You got it! Good catch.. Did a test ticket which the reply via email worked fine but responses with a single quotation are not able to be viewed via listing the full ticket but I get an email with the reply to my user, myself and it is in the ticket log again.

• 2 weeks later...

This caused us an issue with a customer today also. The word it's must have failed. It marked the ticket as answered and we insisted to the customer it had been replied to. We then went into the ticket and found the reply was not added :(

After lots of testing, mine ended up being something to do with how magic quotes worked (or didn't work) on my server. Matt provided me with a modified file to correct the issue. I would suggest opening a support ticket about your issue so he will see it, I don't think he catches everything that's posted on the forums because he's so busy.