What about an affiliate program ?

araunah

I recently bought a license of whmcs. I justed wanted to tell that it is a great software, it doeseverything I need. Keep up the good work.

I saw that there is a reseller program but I did not see any affiliate program. I am not talking about the affiliate feature in whmcs but a program that would allow people to refer customers to whmcs.com through their website.

It could be a great thing to do to generate more sales.

Thanks.

The satisfaction of knowing that you have referred those to a great piece of software that is way more less than MB or others?

It's funny but when I posted this thread, I though that someone would say that but in fact, I am building an affiliate program web site and I only promote on that site, products that are bringing money in. And by the way, I do not know anybody who gets up in the morning, go to work and tell their boss to keep the money, may be someone working for their boss for free would be very satisfied but not me. So why professionally promote a product for free ? I paid $244.94 to get it.

I also have to say that I would gladly recommend whmcs directly to someone else in a one on one conversation without any compensation but business is business and you need to make money if you want to be a philanthropist :-).

No Akira, it's not the way an affiliate program works. in an affiliate program you don't sell yourself so you can't bump up the price. You just send the customers and get a commission.

and concerning this,

If they're handing out cash for referrals that's just that much less going to the team.

Are you doing business ? This is the way the world works. There is the reseller program already so, in the reseller program, they sell at a discount price and they are already "handing cash out" for the reseller to be able to make money.

No Akira, it's not the way an affiliate program works. in an affiliate program you don't sell yourself so you can't bump up the price. You just send the customers and get a commission.

and concerning this,

If they're handing out cash for referrals that's just that much less going to the team.

Are you doing business ? This is the way the world works. There is the reseller program already so, in the reseller program, they sell at a discount price and they are already "handing cash out" for the reseller to be able to make money.

I'm aware of how an affiliate program works. I was just saying it's going to be less money going towards them. I guess it just depends on how blood thirsty everyone is, and just how much they think they should recieve for promoting something that basically sells itself.

I am sorry but I have to say that I do not understand this kind of thinking and yes it's possible to do good business and provide good service without being "bloodthirsty".

It's also true that whmcs sells itself pretty well but they are not without any competitors. When I was looking for a new billing system, I almost bought clientexec and I did not know about whmcs. The decision was takent to buy clientexec and I learned about whmcs by chance a few hours before buying clientexec.

Providence was good to me and how many people are still buying some bad pieces of software because they do not know that there is better? Probably a lot because a lot of people are still buying MB or clientexec and even worse (WHM) everyday.

I continue to think that it would be very nice to have an affiliate program and if some people do not want to use it, they are not obliged to.

Ummmm ... I personally don't really see the need for an WHMCS affiliate referral ... that's what the WHMCS authorized reseller program is for.

http://www.whmcs.com/resellers.php

In fact, with the WHMCS reseller program you will make more money, than just a simple affiliate referral. Of course, you will need to bear the monthly cost, and bill your clients.

There is also a refugee program which also may be of interest:

http://www.whmcs.com/refugee.php

Anyway, just my 2 cents.

• 1 month later...

I would like to see an affiliate program. I just referred someone to WHMCS and it would be nice to get a small discount on my next invoice or something like that. The main difference from an affiliate and reseller is the fact that resellers are actively looking to sell WHMCS licenses. While referrals are usually passive where you are not selling the product. But instead waiting for some who asks about it (as I did). Obviously after showing them around it a bit they were instantly sold.

I would like to see an affiliate program. I just referred someone to WHMCS and it would be nice to get a small discount on my next invoice or something like that. The main difference from an affiliate and reseller is the fact that resellers are actively looking to sell WHMCS licenses. While referrals are usually passive where you are not selling the product. But instead waiting for some who asks about it (as I did). Obviously after showing them around it a bit they were instantly sold.

http://www.whmcs.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=4410