Ajax Order Cart Tutorial Series

You may have heard about the Ajax Order Form recently released by WHMCS. But how many of you have actually started using the ajax order form around your site?

You aren't alone, and if you have congratulations you are one step closer to getting the power of the ajax order form streamlining your clients through the order process!

You will love our recent tutorial release, where we take you from your basic order form, to an extraordinary ajax cart!

This tutorial series covers:

• How to skin the order form

• How to accept multiple orders through the order form

• Backwards compatibility

• How to streamline clients

All for the low price of $35.00USD.

Please note this tutorial will be updated free of charge for version 4.4!

Hey Guys;

This is just a quick update. We have began working on the new release and should be released shortly.

As for the price of the product, we are now offering $20 off until January 1st 2011! If you use the promotional code "HAPPYHOLIDAYS". This tutorial series provides a lot of pre-done functionality and takes it off from there. It is pretty much an addon with comprehensive video documentation on how-to use it and customize it.

I just got the live chat addon and for some weird reason it made me order 2 of them and I couldn't remove either one. Bug ?

I have not been able to reproduce this error. I think it maybe in regards to how the user interface works on my site. I will be addressing this in the update.

You'd make a lot more money if you released a much better version of the ajax order form that didn't look as plain.

Design wise, the generic look of the cart already has a nice flow to it by default. We are going to amplify the design aspect for the 4.4.1 release; We will be using the new widgets!

Happy holidays everyone!

Edited by jeremyhaber

The difference between the Ajax order form and this is that this series turns the order form into a multi-product cart software. The advantage to this is everything is done by Ajax instead of static pages. This effectively streamlines your clients into setting up their products and ordering.

As well this cart uses backwards compatibility that is not offered in the traditional order form. If the users browser does not support Ajax/jQuery they are redirected to your original cart.

Also a quick update: We are nearly done converting it to version 4.4.1, we have a few bugs to iron out before we can release it. It should be up by the end of next week.

We have been using the information provided by the Ajax tutorial on version 4.4.1, you can see work in progress from this link: https://www.bargainhost.co.uk/whmcs/order/

But I have noticed some odd issues, duplicate items appear in cart or old items will appear during the sign up stage.

Also can the cart be modified so that the customer can choose 'billing cycle' directly after choosing their hosting plan?

From the 'sign up' page the customer should be able to enter their credit card details, it is not ideal for the order to be processed before payment is made.

Currently it is too buggy for use in 4.4.1 and hopefully these issues will be fixed before we can put the ajax form into production.

Edited by bargainhost

Happy New Year Everyone!

I am happy to announce that we have just released the Ajax Cart Beta for 4.4.1. This brings in all the great new functionality available to us in version 4.4.1.

We've also added in the ability to accept credit card details. There is a minor issue with accepting the cards at the moment. If an error occurs with the card information it will take you back to your normal cart. I hope to address this with the new Ajax Cart design.

Taking credit card information is disabled by default. To enable it just open up the signup.tpl file and remove the following "<!--" and "-->" from the file all together. This will uncomment the code.

If you would like to see a sample of the Ajax Cart you can view the introduction video of the series that shows you a fairly simplistic overview of how the order form will work after the tutorial series is finished.

Also you can see the final result throughout our website.

• 2 months later...
Would you be able to provide valid links to screenshots or a working demo?

Absolutely.

We recently changed the structure of our site. You can watch the introduction video here: https://whmcsaddon.com/myaccount/tutorial.php?productID=13

As well you can take a look at our current site as it is also using the Ajax Cart: https://whmcsaddon.com/myaccount/order/?c=view

Let me know if you have any other questions.