Entry for "unlimited"

gfogleman

Surely the answer to my simple question is here somewhere, but I have scoured the manual and searched the forums until the letters have worn off my keyboard...

In the product setup interface, what entry do I use to make "Max FTP Accounts" or "Max Email Accounts" unlimited?

I tried "-1", "0" and "unlimited" and all were accepted by the script; was even hoping for an error message to at least two of them!

Thanks!

Gary

Additionally, is there a more detailed configuration guide? The manual for v3 tells me a lot of "what to do", but seems sparse on "how to do" and jumps around a lot rather than a step-by-step method.

In fact, while waiting for a reply to my above question, I decided to move on with the other configurations but was stopped immediately by the "Configurable Options" section... no clue what goes here.

In manual, only guidance is:

"Before adding a product, you must first add at least one product group. Once you have, then click the Add New Product link at the top of the Products/Services page in the Configuration section of WHMCS. You will be presented with a form like shown below.

Here you should choose the product type and group and a name for the product to add. Once you have entered these, click Continue.

After clicking Continue, you will see the Edit Product screen. From here you can then proceed to set your product description, pricing, prorata options, stock options, package quotas, custom fields, configurable options, auto setup options and any other details."

Thus, a perfect example of "do this" but no instruction or guidance on exactly what to do. Certainly some entries are obvious; but to a brand new user such as myself, I think the manual takes too much of a newbie's knowledge for granted. Surely the adding of packages and products deserves more than a two paragraph explaination.

Mind you, I TRULY am not griping or whining here... I am VERY much looking forward to integrating WHMCS to its fullest extent, but I, and surely other newbs as well, could use some detailed guidance.

Thanks!

To setup unlimited items I presume you can setup such a package in WHM then just tell whmcs the package name and leave the option fields blank, seems ok for me :)

Condigurable options are useful for servers, where you need to add extra options which are charged at a monthly cost (as far as I know.)

Say you want to add a configurable option for 'Hard Disk Size': you then add an option for 60Gb, which is free, 80Gb which is £10 per month, 120BGb which is £20 per month, etc. The 'order' field denotes the order in which the extra options display on the order form :)