Importing from ModernBill 4.x - Simple Question...

Hello,

I am about to purchase WHMCS. I was able to successfully run the mb-import script (no problems at all). What I need to know is this:

If I spend a week or two configuring WHMCS, can I run the import script again to bring in the most up to date info from MB, while overwriting my first import?

Thanks!

--Kevin

[PS - I searched these forums but could not find that this question had been asked/answered]

No. The default import script assumes a blank client database. it will not "merge" new records in.

What we did after a lot of test merges is get everything setup how it should be, and then create a database backup. We could then do all the testing we needed, and then just restore the database backup so we're back at the "clean slate" installation.

Regardless of that, open up a ticket if you run into any problems. Matt and the rest of the team were extremely helpful when we moved our MB 4.x installation and even made some minor modifications to the import script to suite our needs.

No. The default import script assumes a blank client database. it will not "merge" new records in.

Actually, this is what I was hoping. I've already imported MB clients, however, when the time comes to do the import for real - I would like it to overwrite what is in there already with current information from my MB 4x program - which will remain my primary billing system until I bring WHMCS online in a week or two.

So, if the default import script assumes a blank client database, would it indeed overwrite what is already there? Or is it going to create duplicates? If it overwrites - then I am in good shape.

Thanks!

--Kevin