Unable to save updated configuration in Admin Panel

newgenservices

Hello,

I had started my way with WHMCS today. I installed as mentioned in Readme, including file permissions and php.ini changes. I am able to login to AdminCP but when i change any configuration or Admin Notes or just anything in AdminCP and click on Save, it just doesn't save and shows back the same default values.

Can someone please suggest how to solve this?

Regards,

Jerry.

Hi

Please can confirm that you have register globals enabled within the admin panel.

If you are using a .htaccess then it needs to be in the root of your whmcs folder

If you are using a php.ini then it needs to be in the root of your whmcs folder and your admin folder.

http://support.whmcs.com/knowledgebase.php?action=displayarticle&catid=4&id=5 for more information

Hi

Please can confirm that you have register globals enabled within the admin panel.

If you are using a .htaccess then it needs to be in the root of your whmcs folder

If you are using a php.ini then it needs to be in the root of your whmcs folder and your admin folder.

hxxp://support.whmcs.com/knowledgebase.php?action=displayarticle&catid=4&id=5 for more information.

If these does not work, then please provide us with your admin login details.

Regards,

John

Thank you john for quick reply. It works now. I have posted your reply here so in case if someone else faces this issue it would be easy for them.

I made http > hxxp in the above quote.

Regards,

Jerry.

• 2 months later...

If I use a local ~/php.ini or ~/whmcs/php.ini file and set register_globals=on and run phpinfo() and confirm register_globals is on, I still cannot save data. I've got permissions set as in README.txt.

I absolutely must turn it on in the global php.ini file and restart Apache in order to get it to work. I am running phpsuexec() on the server.

Would you, for the love of god, please remove the need for register globals! Seriously, how many trouble tickets have you had dealing with this issue alone? How many hours could you have saved yourself and everyone else? And please don't state once again that it is not a poor practice - honestly, you don't have to define variables in C++, but it is a great practice. You don't have to drive with both hands on the wheel, but it is a really good idea. No one would say they codes 100% perfect all of the time - just please follow good practice. Seriously, when you are coding at 2am do you really think security and register globals is the first thing on your mind - probably not.

Thanks - it's been a long night,

Brad

Thanks,

Brad

I was quite disappointed when i saw that the script needs Register Globals enabled, it's quite a security issue on hosting servers.......
I really hate to say this again in one day, but please search the forums as this issue has been discussed many times and will no longer be in use when PHP 6 is released... register_globals is only a problem for coding that isn't done properly.