to hide some knowledgebase answer for clients only.

Anders

• 4 weeks later...

[2¢]

This sounds like the feature I just realised I would need for our knowledgebase. Unless implemented correctly I see a problem with the smarty option though, as visitors might still be able to see articles or categories that are hidden by changing the category or article IDs in the URL manually.

I guess a smarty based option would best be a "deny all, allow some" type solution to protect against people finding things that they should not by modifying the URL manually, or by me forgetting to update the template when adding a new article. The smarty checks should take into account both category and article IDs.

AVeal - you might want to update your smarty template if you're really keen on keeping guests from viewing articles they shouldn't have access to. ;)

An ideal solution however would be for an additional feature in WHMCS to enable us to set an article or whole category of articles as viewable by logged in users only. This permission bit would need to be respected by the search function as well in the case where searching is offered to the general public.

[/2¢]

• 3 weeks later...

Yes jarett, more or less.

the ID in the main page is $kbcat.id and on the kb article $catid, so it would be something like:

{if $loggedin && $kbcat.id==XX}show the category {else} dont show {/if}

and in the articles themselves:

{if $loggedin && $catid==XX}show the category {else} dont show {/if}

When hidding more than a few categories, you would probably just want to assign all categories to an array. You can do that with either testing in php and assigning a smarty variable, or using a smarty plugin called smarty_function_assign, or write your own matching plugin.