.ca registration response: Invalid Aux Billing information.

ramystyle

We've upgraded our module as well, but since then, we just get:

An Error Occured

Invalid Registrant information.

on our .ca / eNom registrations. We've been over and over the customer profiles - these are customers with existing .CA registrations - and we can't find any issue with them. eNom can't help us without seeing the actual API 'purchase' command that's being sent.

Our Canadian clients have been on our butts to offer .CA for awhile now and I was just going to deposit to our previously unused eNom account tonight and setup to offer .CA domains, among others, but think that we'll hold off if there are issues with .CA registrations at the moment. This started with the .CA changes?

Slightly off-topic, but we've been using ResellerClub only until now and will continue to register supported TLDs via them; using eNom only for the TLDs that they don't offer. Are there any other TLDs that you've noticed with eNom which may be 'problematic'?

Edited by GGWH-James

Hello,

We've updated CIRA's module (enom) and everything looked fine.

However, one client tried purchasing a .ca domain name was we received the following response:

Invalid Aux Billing information.

Any idea why ? The client's profile seems to be complete..

Thanks.

Hi. We have not sucessfully been able to register a .CA since the transition either. We get either an 'Invalid Registrant Information', or a 'Invalid Aux Billing Information'.

We have a support ticket open with eNom, and are trying to track this down, but just wanted to let ramystyle know that he wasn't the only one with this error. :)

Hi 9DollarDomains,

Unfortunately, i am still stuck with the same problem and connot find anything on google. I contacted enom and so far, nothing. They suggested I contact my top reseller (who happens to be Whmcs for domain names).. I opened a support ticket to WHMCS as well.

I wonder if there's a place we're we can see the expected format from CIRA for phone number, address, etc. Maybe that's what's causing the errors.. I don't know..

This is what eNom points people to :

http://www.enom.com/downloads/api/CABusinessRulesENom.pdf

However, this is far to 'fragile' a system. IF (and I don't know it is), but IF it's as simple as an extra space in a Postal Code, or an extra period, then SOMETHING needs to be doing some sanity checking before sending the data to eNom & CIRA. eNom says that should be WHMCS's job to format it properly before it's sent in, and I think WHMCS thinks it should be eNom's job to check & translate the date before sending it to CIRA - or they think we should each write our own JavaScript that would translate it on the fly or something, I don't know. I do know the current way it's done is far to fragile.

For us, the most common customer mistakes are:

1) Saying they are a 'Corporation' when they really should just be a Citizen. Corporations are checked against the FEDERAL Gazzette, so they almost for sure are not a Corporation.

2) Having something other than the two character Province code. It needs to be exactly SK or AB or ON, and not On. or B.C. or SASK.

I've been meaning to put in some verification for various client detail fields, but haven't had the time, nor has it really been a priority. Having decided to move to eNom and enable some TLDs such as .CA which require things a certain way though, I may just have to get to it this weekend.

We still have not been able to register a domain with eNom with the new eNom module.

We get either an 'Invalid Registrant Information', or a 'Invalid Aux Billing Information'. We have of course changed everything possible in the customer's profiles. We've been doing this for 5 days, without any success.

Can anyone confirm that the new eNom / CIRA / WHMCS system is working for them? I just want to make sure I'm not chasing shadows here. :)

Thank you,

Todd

Hello RamyStyle: eNom is now pulling the ''Billing contact'' from your eNom customer file, so you now have to make sure that your eNom customer information is all ''CIRA Valid''. In my case, my eNom account was set to 'Sask' and needed to be changed to 'SK'.

Apparently that would also mean that a American Company couldn't be a eNom / .CA reseller anymore?