IP Pool Manager (Mod) Anything already coded?

mhx

I see WHMCS has a pretty raw/simple ip manager addon.

I was wondering if anyone has coded anything more advanced

1.ability to manage ip range, netmask, gateway

2. ability to add/del ips to a client under a service/product?

3. ability to charge clients for ips

I see WHMCS has a pretty raw/simple ip manager addon.

I was wondering if anyone has coded anything more advanced

1.ability to manage ip range, netmask, gateway

2. ability to add/del ips to a client under a service/product?

3. ability to charge clients for ips

This really gets complicated depending on what if any control panels are involved, if you just mean for dedicated servers than by all means, but for control panels they each handle their ip allocations differently.

Directadmin for instance you do not assign an IP from the billing software, the billing software makes the api call to create an account with a dedicated IP and the control panel responds with the IP that was assigned, thus there is no need to have an IP pool inside WHMCS...

We had WHMCS code a special Directadmin module for us that takes advantage of this and allows us to create a configurable option and bill for the ip address, though now that directadmin supports multiple IP's per user we need to have it enhanced to allow the ordering of more than one IP.

I actually coded something like this for myself. I thought about releasing it but am not happy with the design and need to clean it up a bit. It pulls your servers from WHMCS and allows you to assign subnets. It then lists out each IP Address, allows assigning to clients which updates the product page for the client. It performs a reverse dns lookup and inputs that information into the database. You can have multiple subnets per server and remove individual IPs from the list. If there is enough interest in this I might take the time to clean it up and release it here.

I've attached 4 screenshots of the module as it is today. Please give me your feedback, let me know if this looks like something you would be interested in and what other features you may want.

A lot of work has gone into this and it will not be a free module. I will be posting it on the Contributions page and the commercial addons forum when I am done with it.

This module doesn't interface to your servers in any way, so provisioning would need to be done using my Auto Provisioning module for cPanel servers...

image1.jpg

image2.jpg

image3.jpg

image4.jpg

Edited by tsiedsma

• 9 months later...

We had WHMCS code a special Directadmin module for us that takes advantage of this and allows us to create a configurable option and bill for the ip address, though now that directadmin supports multiple IP's per user we need to have it enhanced to allow the ordering of more than one IP.

This is what I am looking for but not just for directadmin but also cPanel

I would like to allow my clients the ability to order addon IP's and new customers to be able to order addon IP's when ordering their packages from us.