Which Payment Gateway is best?

trader

Hi,

Apart from Paypal which I have used in the past, Can anyone suggest a good payment gateway? One that they have been really happy with?

My company is based in the UK and I need my customers to be able to pay for thier hosting using different currencies. There are so many listed on WHMCS that my head is starting to spin.

Would be interested in hearing from anyone who has really looked into this issue.

Matt.

Edited by trader
typo

Hi,

Apart from Paypal which I have used in the past, Can anyone suggest a good payment gateway? One that they have been really happy with?

My company is based in the UK and I need my customers to be able to pay for thier hosting using different currencies. There are so many listed on WHMCS that my head is starting to spin.

Would be interested in hearing from anyone who has really looked into this issue.

Matt.

You can setup several currencies with PayPal and accept payments in any of them as well. We accept several different currencies ourselves and have PayPal setup for each, with our local currency as the primary. You're not limited to only one currency with PayPal.

You can setup several currencies with PayPal and accept payments in any of them as well. We accept several different currencies ourselves and have PayPal setup for each, with our local currency as the primary. You're not limited to only one currency with PayPal.

Yes but the only thing I am not happy about with Paypal is that it forces people to sinup for a paypal account. You cant just pay for the transaction and go.

Hi,

Matt.

I am in the UK I use voicepay (https://secure.perpetualpayments.com/index.htm) you will need their authorize.net emulator to work with WHMCS but this works fine. Also i offer offline payments through http://www.payoffline.com

Yes but the only thing I am not happy about with Paypal is that it forces people to sinup for a paypal account. You cant just pay for the transaction and go.

Ya, we're considering other payment gateways to offer in addition to PayPal for that reason as well. We'll never completely remove PayPal as a payment option since it's such a dominant and widely used system. However, we would like to offer some other gateways as well though. Preferably, one without a sign-up / account creation fee.

That's what's kept us from trying 2CheckOut. I attempted to setup an account with AlertPay the other day, but their captcha refuses to accept my input as valid; I tried both the text and audio, both said I was wrong a couple of dozen times over.. I finally gave up.

Thanks for the info EasyHosting, is the authorize.net emulator easy to apply? How is it done?

Matt.

its easy to set up, when you register with perpetual payments and they approve you, you just need to ask them for the authorize.net emulator and have them activate this and then the details they give you all you do is use the PlanetAuthorize module under the payment gateways and thats it

its easy to set up, when you register with perpetual payments and they approve you, you just need to ask them for the authorize.net emulator and have them activate this and then the details they give you all you do is use the PlanetAuthorize module under the payment gateways and thats it

Thanks for That EasyHosting, you have been very helpful.

Matt.

I've been using paypal forever now and it doesn't force people to create an account. There is a link at the bottom of the signon screen that allows a user to continue without logging in. And if paypal recognizes the customer's email address it still allows them to make a payment without logging into their account.

I just checked out one of my clients paypal buttons and it looks like the paypal process has been updated and it's much easier to see where you have to click to make a payment without an account.

Maybe paypal is still a good option for you.